Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #13

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Adam Tambellini beat out Marek Hrivik in our first tie-breaker this summer, taking the #12 spot. D Mat Bodie is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. C J.T. Miller
2. D Brady Skjei
3. LW Anthony Duclair
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. RW Jesper Fast
6. LW Pavel Buchnevich

SECOND TIER

7. C Oscar Lindberg
8. D Conor Allen
9. RW Danny Kristo
10. RW Ryan Haggerty
11. G Brandon Halverson
12. C Adam Tambellini

Adam Tambellini
Center -- shoots L
Born Nov 1 1994 -- Edmonton, ALTA
Height 6.03 -- Weight 185

2013-14 U. of North Dakota NCHC 16 2-2-4 31PIM

images

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Andersson, Calle
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Hughes, Tommy
Kantor, Michael
Mantha, Ryan
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
Nejezchleb, Richard
Shestyorkin, Igor
Skapski, Mackenzie
St. Croix, Michael
Walcott, Daniel
Yogan, Andrew

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Went with Hrivik because he has the best chance of playing in the NHL. Establishing yourself as a quality top-6 AHL player at the age of 22 is a definitely plus.

Add Ryan Bourque for the same reason: he's established himself as a quality top-6 AHL player who's a spark plus, a hustler and has a decent skill set to go along with his high speed.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Nieves again, add Skapski.

Lost in this, Graves has REALLY dropped relative to how much he's improved. Surprised he's lasted so long.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Nieves again, add Skapski.

Lost in this, Graves has REALLY dropped relative to how much he's improved. Surprised he's lasted so long.

After Hrivik, I am torn between Graves and Zamorsky. Willing to listen to arguments for both, but mostly want to hear about Zamorsky since he is new to us.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
It's kind of like there are 10-15 guys who you could throw their names in a hat and pick them. They're all about even--or close to even. Almost any one of them could leapfrog a bunch of guys with a big year.

Halverson, Zamorsky, Tambellini, Bodie, Bourque, Hrivik, Nieves, Graves, McCarthy, Iverson, Walcott, Skapski, St. Croix, Mantha, Shestyorkin, Nejezchleb, Hughes--they're all like C+-B prospects. Who knows Yogan might even make a reappearance.

Last edited:

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
It's kind of like there are 10-15 guys who you could throw their names in a hat and pick them. Their all about even--or close to even. Almost any one of them could leapfrog a bunch of guys with a big year.

i went graves, but could have been anyone. Should add bourque as he has a decent chance of making NHL appearance this year.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
turned my Graves vote to Bodie, now that he's listed.
The guy reminds me of Zucc, with his hockey instincts and his determination.
also the one prospect, i've seen play often.

Add Skapski.

I didnt realize how indifferent i was to our forwards til i created a list to work from when responding here.
After Skapski my next 3 names to add are D - Mantha, Hughes, Walcott
and I consider them maybe ahead of Nieves

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Hrivik....still hoping Hayes is eligible before we're done, until then I'm sticking with
Add Missiaen

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Graves again.

Add Bourque.

This again for me. So many people want to pencil in Bourque as a potential candidate for a 4th line role this year. Yet he's not even going to make the cut of our top 15 prospects? Seems so inconsistent to me. 4th line or not, his chances of making the NHL are much more realistic than some of these other high ceiling prospects.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I think Skapski should be on here already. Improved on his Draft season. I'd like to add him. Bourque should be after him. These current 5th rounders we took should not be ahead of an improved 6th rounder from a year ago. They should at best be at the bottom of the barrel for votes for this list, which is top 25 and can move up in the mid season rankings.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
This again for me. So many people want to pencil in Bourque as a potential candidate for a 4th line role this year. Yet he's not even going to make the cut of our top 15 prospects? Seems so inconsistent to me. 4th line or not, his chances of making the NHL are much more realistic than some of these other high ceiling prospects.

It's about value. Bourque does not hold the value that even a Ryan Haggerty does. Haggerty has potential to be a tweener for the 2nd or 3rd line. At best right now, Bourque is a 4th line NHLer. Maybe 3rd line if he can make another jump like last season. It's why Lindberg who will most likely crack camp is 7th and Duclair who is another year in junior is higher. Top end potential wins out than assurance a player makes the NHL until a player shows that top end potential is not going to be met.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
It's about value. Bourque does not hold the value that even a Ryan Haggerty does. Haggerty has potential to be a tweener for the 2nd or 3rd line. At best right now, Bourque is a 4th line NHLer. Maybe 3rd line if he can make another jump like last season. It's why Lindberg who will most likely crack camp is 7th and Duclair who is another year in junior is higher. Top end potential wins out than assurance a player makes the NHL until a player shows that top end potential is not going to be met.

Getting a quality 4th liner for $750 a year would be a blessing right now, if Bourque could make it happen. Our lack of depth is a big problem and having a rookie step in would be huge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad