Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Adam Tambellini won round 11. Daniel Walcott is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Anthony Duclair
2. C Kevin Hayes
3. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
4. D Brady Skjei
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. C Oscar Lindberg
7. D Dylan McIlrath
8. G Igor Shesterkin
9. D Ryan Graves
10. G Brandon Halverson
11. C Adam Tambellini

Adam Tambellini
Center -- shoots L
Born Nov 1 1994 -- Edmonton, ALTA
Height 6.03 -- Weight 185

2014-15 Calgary Hitmen WHL 47 32 23 55 16

7985325.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Andersoon, Calle
Bodie, Matt
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Hughes, Tommy
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
Kristo, Dany
Mantha, Ryan
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
Nejezchleb, Richard
St. Croix, Michael
Zamorsky, Petr

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Mackenzie Skapski because he's criminally underrated on this forum. He's gotten very good reports from the guys who watched him in the juniors on a regular basis, and now has been much better than expected in Hartford. He was supposed to start in the ECHL because goalies normally start slow. Instead, he proved to be a quality AHL starter at the age of 20.

Talbot reached the pros at the age of 23 and he started as a backup to Chad Johnson, and later when Johnson went down, they acquired Dov Grumet-Morris (first time around) because very few goalies can go from college/juniors to the AHL and start immediately, despite Talbot being 3 years older than Skapski is today ... and clearly Talbot is very talented.

Every player is different and nobody knows if Skapski can improve as fast as Talbot has, but it is very rare for a 20 year old rookie to be a capable AHL starter. This year, there are only 3 other 20-year-old goalies who played at least 16 AHL games in what is now more than half a season. THREE! (TheAHL.com doesn't provide stats for goalies with under 16 games played.)

Add Mantha: big defenseman who only improved his stock since being chosen in the 4th round.

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Skapski is having a tremendous start to his pro career. He's pretty much sharing the starting job in Hartford--very good win/loss record very good GAA and save %. For a 20/21 year old that's really something.

Add Zamorsky.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Skapski. Thought about Haggerty, whom I think I actually voted to add first, but the fact is that Skapski is playing better at the same level - while being younger - so I went with him.

Add Zamorsky.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Add Mantha: big defenseman who only improved his stock since being chosen in the 4th round.

Question--what has Mantha done to improve his stock? I haven't read much about him from any source other than Erie fans, and none of them have said much good about his game. I haven't seen a positive report about him. Did I miss something?

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Question--what has Mantha done to improve his stock? I haven't read much about him from any source other than Erie fans, and none of them have said much good about his game. I haven't seen a positive report about him. Did I miss something?

Blueshirt Bulletin wrote a month ago that he's surprised people with his skill, including putting up some points. He was thought of as a pure stay-at-home defenseman who is a solid skater. [In the NHL Central Scouting pre-draft report, he was given a B grade for his skating. This wasn't a B for a 6-foot-5 225 pound monster, it was a B for any player, meaning he's an average skater for a draftee and a good skater for a big, hulking defenseman.]

If he can actually move and shoot the puck decently, that raises his value. On top of that, just the mere fact that he made a successful transition from the USHL to the Juniors is a positive step.

Also, take a look at this goal. Mantha is #22 scoring a deflection goal. Those are not stone hands of a 6-5 225 no-skill guy. Those are pretty soft gloves he's got there.

http://gfycat.com/InconsequentialAchingBoutu

P.S. Can you show me any negative reports on him from fans? I didn't see any, could've easily missed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad