Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #11

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Ryan Haggerty won round 10. D Petr Zamorsky is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. C J.T. Miller
2. D Brady Skjei
3. LW Anthony Duclair
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. RW Jesper Fast
6. LW Pavel Buchnevich

SECOND TIER

7. C Oscar Lindberg
8. D Conor Allen
9. RW Danny Kristo
10. RW Ryan Haggerty

Ryan Haggerty
Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Mar 4 1993 -- Stamford, CT
Height 6.00 -- Weight 200

2013-14 R.P.I. ECAC 35 28-15-43 42PIM

Ryan+Haggerty+New+York+Rangers+v+New+Jersey+AsvnZI66mkul.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Andersson, Calle
Bodie, Matt
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Hughes, Tommy
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
Mantha, Ryan
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
Nejezchleb, Richard
Shestyorkin, Igor
Skapski, Mackenzie
St. Croix, Michael
Walcott, Daniel
Yogan, Andrew

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Halverson because I don't think any of the remaining prospects are worth more than a second rounder.

Add Iverson because none of the remaining eligible to be added prospects are worth more than a third rounder.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Nieves, add Iverson.

Edit: Walcott is still misspelled as Walcot on the add list.

Last edited:

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Nieves, add Iverson.

Same. I can see Nieves being a similar style player to Dubinsky. Had a down year after a resounding rookie campaign. Expecting a big year from him. Still see some top 6 potential in him. Was able to see some of his games and he was solid all around for Michigan.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
We already placed 10 guys and I would say that all 6 players who are in the poll are very legitimate prospects. A couple more players who are yet to be added are solid prospects as well. This is not a top-heavy prospect pool, but it is certainly deep.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Hrivik, add Iverson.

Can't help but feel that Hrivik is being a little underrated by those that prefer higher upside over a player in Hrivik that is almost certainly an NHLer. To each his own, but Hrivik is a little more valuable (IMO) in that he could step in on the 3rd line tomorrow and not look out of place on an NHL roster.

Also agree on this pool being deep relative to seasons past. 1-5 might not be as solid, but 6-20 is way deeper than I've seen in quite a while.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Can't help but feel that Hrivik is being a little underrated by those that prefer higher upside over a player in Hrivik that is almost certainly an NHLer. To each his own, but Hrivik is a little more valuable (IMO) in that he could step in on the 3rd line tomorrow and not look out of place on an NHL roster.

Agreed. Hrivik has the best chance of cracking the NHL of anyone who hasn't been ranked yet.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Went with Tambellini, although Nieves, Graves and Halverson are right there. Tambs made some real positive steps after going to the WHL. He also seems to have bulked up as well. If he builds on his success last season and continues to develop his strength he could possibly develop into a solid third liner.

Man those three picks in the 2013 3rd round could really have an impact on this teams future in the coming years. Its still early though and a lot could happen.

Add Iverson.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Hrivik, add Iverson.

Also agree on this pool being deep relative to seasons past. 1-5 might not be as solid, but 6-20 is way deeper than I've seen in quite a while.

This I agree with. Tambellini, Nieves, Iverso all could turn out to be good third liners. Halverson has the skill set to be a starter down the road. Graves took a huge step forward this year and could end up being a very good 3rd pairing guy. And we haven't even added Bodie yet!

Buch, Kristo and Haggarty could end up as scoring middle 6 wingers.

This is probably the deepest the Rangers prospect pool has been BUT (and this is a big but) there are no top line potential players or top pairing dmen in the system.

I would put this team in the 16-24 range in prospect pool rankings.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Hrivik, add Iverson.

I'm higher on Hrivik than most. His stats last year in the AHL do not reflect his play, IMO. I said that repeatedly during the season when everyone was writing him off as a bust of an UDFA signing. He definitely has a good chance to stick as a bottom six guy. Even though I myself am pretty bullish on him, I'm also guilty of overlooking him to some degree in these polls. He's probably my next vote.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad