Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Ryan Graves won a close one. Cristoval Nieves is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW/RW Anthony Duclair
2. C Kevin Hayes
3. LW/RW Pavel Buchnevich
4. D Brady Skjei
5. RW Jesper Fast

SECOND TIER

6. C Oscar Lindberg
7. D Dylan McIlrath
8. G Igor Shesterkin
9. D Ryan Graves

Ryan Graves
Defense -- shoots L
Born May 21 1995 -- Yarmouth, NS
Height 6.04 -- Weight 225

2014-15 Quebec Remparts QMJHL 29 8 12 20 33PIM

65b305116bc71952d585567dabffef77.jpeg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Allen, Conor
Andersoon, Calle
Bodie, Matt
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Hughes, Tommy
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
Kristo, Dany
Mantha, Ryan
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
Nejezchleb, Richard
St. Croix, Michael
Walcott, Daniel
Zamorsky, Petr

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Halverson because he's a second round who only improved his stock his the draft.

Add Allen because he has the best chance of playing in the NHL.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Went with Halverson. Really, really disappointed with Hrivik and Haggerty in the A. Hey that's three H's, you know what that means.

ST16M.gif

Keegan Iverson is playing like hot garbage as well. Not a great year for our prospects.

I wouldn't vote for Allen, he's 24. But I know others would, so for the sake of fairness, add him.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Hrivik isn't bad in the AHL, he just doesn't have the finishing touch to put up a lot of points. He can skate the puck into the offensive zone, create chances, but not finish them. He can cycle the way an NHL 4th liner should. He won't be more than a 4th liner, but he's highly to achieve that.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Halverson. Allen.

FWIW I think Halverson, Shesterkin, Skapski could have gone one right after the other in the polls in any order.

As for Allen--he's probably the D in Hartford I'd be most comfortable seeing called up in an emergency. So IMO he should have been on this list a while ago.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Went with Halverson. Really, really disappointed with Hrivik and Haggerty in the A. Hey that's three H's, you know what that means.

ST16M.gif

Keegan Iverson is playing like hot garbage as well. Not a great year for our prospects.

I wouldn't vote for Allen, he's 24. But I know others would, so for the sake of fairness, add him.

Erm... what?

Buchnevich is on a better pace in the KHL than Tarasenko was at his same age. Duclair proved he deserved a shot in the NHL and played many games here at age 19 before being returned to juniors. Both of our newly drafted goalies have had phenomenal years, and Skapski has been very good as well. Hayes, Miller, and Fast all took huge steps forward.

This has been a phenomenal year for our prospects. You literally just took three of our prospects (and three of our least valuable prospects at that) and decided that since they are having bad years, it's a bad year for our prospects?

EDIT: On topic, Halverson. Add Walcott. Allen is older than John Moore, and still can't make it as even a #6 guy.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Halverson. Allen.

FWIW I think Halverson, Shesterkin, Skapski could have gone one right after the other in the polls in any order.

As for Allen--he's probably the D in Hartford I'd be most comfortable seeing called up in an emergency. So IMO he should have been on this list a while ago.

My only concern is that I no longer see him more than a #7D, maybe #6D on a bad team. I don't think he's an every day player on a contender at the NHL level.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Erm... what?

Buchnevich is on a better pace in the KHL than Tarasenko was at his same age. Duclair proved he deserved a shot in the NHL and played many games here at age 19 before being returned to juniors. Both of our newly drafted goalies have had phenomenal years, and Skapski has been very good as well. Hayes, Miller, and Fast all took huge steps forward.

This has been a phenomenal year for our prospects. You literally just took three of our prospects (and three of our least valuable prospects at that) and decided that since they are having bad years, it's a bad year for our prospects?

Agree with this. The 2014 calendar year has been our best for prospects since the 1980s.

1. Breakthrough of The Duke.
2. Breakthrough of The Butcher.
3. Miller worked through his youth struggles and now looks to be a regular NHLer.
4. Fast showed enough improvement to prove he can be a quality NHLer.
5. Got Hayes for nothing and he immediately became a big top-9 forward.
6. Graves improved from being an afterthought to a high quality prospect.
7. Shesterkin emerged as someone worth much more than a 4th rounder.
8. Signed Bodie, Zamorsky and most of all Haggerty.

There were a few disappointments: 1) St. Croix and Noreau have been unable to stick in the AHL; 2) Iverson is having a poor season, 3) Kantor has been injured the whole 2014; 4) Fogarty has been unable to break through as a top college player; 5) Allen did not take that next step forward to become an NHL-quality player.

However, the disappointments are by far overwhelmed by the great additions and surprising performances. I'll take St. Croix not sticking in the AHL if it means Duclair showing he's borderline-ready for the NHL as a teenager with real first line potential. I'll take Fogarty going nowhere if it means we add Kevin Hayes. I'll take Iverson having a bad season in juniors if it means Fast having a good season in the NHL.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Agree with this. The 2014 calendar year has been our best for prospects since the 1980s.

1. Breakthrough of The Duke.
2. Breakthrough of The Butcher.
3. Miller worked through his youth struggles and now looks to be a regular NHLer.
4. Fast showed enough improvement to prove he can be a quality NHLer.
5. Got Hayes for nothing and he immediately became a big top-9 forward.
6. Graves improved from being an afterthought to a high quality prospect.
7. Shesterkin emerged as someone worth much more than a 4th rounder.
8. Signed Bodie, Zamorsky and most of all Haggerty.

There were a few disappointments: 1) St. Croix and Noreau have been unable to stick in the AHL; 2) Iverson is having a poor season, 3) Kantor has been injured the whole 2014; 4) Fogarty has been unable to break through as a top college player; 5) Allen did not take that next step forward to become an NHL-quality player.

However, the disappointments are by far overwhelmed by the great additions and surprising performances. I'll take St. Croix not sticking in the AHL if it means Duclair showing he's borderline-ready for the NHL as a teenager with real first line potential. I'll take Fogarty going nowhere if it means we add Kevin Hayes. I'll take Iverson having a bad season in juniors if it means Fast having a good season in the NHL.

You forgot 7a. Halverson showing he might be the best U.S.-born goalie under 20. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad