Prospect Info: NYR Prospect Poll: #10

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
After leading the Pack in points per game, Danny Kristo easily won in round 9. C Adam Tambellini is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.

THE RULES

WHO IS A PROSPECT: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/whatmakesaprospect

HOW TO RANK PROSPECTS: Based on their value in a hypothetical trade or waiver draft. This takes into consideration a prospect's ceiling, how close he's to making it, his health, work ethic, the whole deal. Imagine there was a prospect waiver draft and you could keep only one prospect. That guy is our #1 prospect. Then imagine we had one more waiver protection. That guy is our #2 prospect.

TOP PROSPECTS

1. C J.T. Miller
2. D Brady Skjei
3. LW Anthony Duclair
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. RW Jesper Fast
6. LW Pavel Buchnevich

SECOND TIER

7. C Oscar Lindberg
8. D Conor Allen
9. RW Danny Kristo

Danny Kristo
Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Jun 18 1990 -- Eden Prairie, MN
Height 5.11 -- Weight 185

2013-14 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 65 25-18-43 18PIM

danny_kristo_ny_rangers.jpg

PROSPECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE ADDED

Andersoon, Calle
Bodie, Matt
Bourque, Ryan
Donnay, Troy
Fogarty, Steven
Hughes, Tommy
Iverson, Keegan
Kantor, Michael
Mantha, Ryan
McCarthy, Chris
Missiaen, Jason
Nanne, Tyler
Nicholls, Josh
Noreau, Samuel
Nejezchleb, Richard
Shestyorkin, Igor
Skapski, Mackenzie
St. Croix, Michael
Walcot, Daniel
Yogan, Andrew
Zamorsky, Petr

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Voted for Haggerty because he scored more points per game in college than any other Rangers prospect over the last 10 years. Being first in goals and second in points in your college league is a significant achievement.

Add Iverson because he just got drafted in the third round.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Haggerty, add Zamorsky.

This is a nitpick, but it's spelled Daniel Walcott, not Walcot as he's listed in prospects to be added.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Now it gets tough. I want to like Haggerty, but I really need to see him play before I can slot him here. Granted, I haven't seen Halverson (who I voted for), but I like what I've read about him more so than what I've read about Haggerty.

Haggerty had one good year and one excellent year in college and earned himself a deal. He's definitely an interesting prospect--if he is a bit of a late bloomer and gets off to a good start in Hartford, he could really rocket up this list. I'm cautiously optimistic. He'll probably get my next vote.

Add Zamorsky. Seems strange that we're voting for Haggerty, when we haven't even added a kid like Zamorsky who is arguably more accomplished.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Now it gets tough. I want to like Haggerty, but I really need to see him play before I can slot him here. Granted, I haven't seen Halverson (who I voted for), but I like what I've read about him more so than what I've read about Haggerty.

Haggerty had one good year and one excellent year in college and earned himself a deal. He's definitely an interesting prospect--if he is a bit of a late bloomer and gets off to a good start in Hartford, he could really rocket up this list. I'm cautiously optimistic. He'll probably get my next vote.

Add Zamorsky. Seems strange that we're voting for Haggerty, when we haven't even added a kid like Zamorsky who is arguably more accomplished.

The thing I like about both of those kids, both are only 21. They aren't 23 or 24 and just starting in the organization.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Halverson, add Bodie.

Is it just me or does it seem like we have a much deeper list of prospects than we have in the past? There isn't much high end potential, but it's nice having guys like Iverson, Fogarty, Nejezschleb, and Zamorsky in the 15-25 range. I think we'll find a couple gems from the bottom half of this list.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Halverson, add Bodie.

Is it just me or does it seem like we have a much deeper list of prospects than we have in the past? There isn't much high end potential, but it's nice having guys like Iverson, Fogarty, Nejezschleb, and Zamorsky in the 15-25 range. I think we'll find a couple gems from the bottom half of this list.

It is deeper right now than in the past few years, for sure

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The thing I like about both of those kids, both are only 21. They aren't 23 or 24 and just starting in the organization.

I just don't know how to judge the Czech league. With the Russian and Swedish leagues, just playing there is an accomplishment that shows you can be a good AHLer and if you improve because you are still 20-21 years old, you have a good chance of making the NHL, assuming your skills are transferable.

In college and juniors, I know how many points is good at what age and how much physical maturity matters there.

In the Czech league nobody here knows what's up. Granted being their top defenseman at the age of 21 sounds great, but who knows.

That said, let's add him soon.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I just don't know how to judge the Czech league. With the Russian and Swedish leagues, just playing there is an accomplishment that shows you can be a good AHLer and if you improve because you are still 20-21 years old, you have a good chance of making the NHL, assuming your skills are transferable.

In college and juniors, I know how many points is good at what age and how much physical maturity matters there.

In the Czech league nobody here knows what's up. Granted being their top defenseman at the age of 21 sounds great, but who knows.

That said, let's add him soon.

I think with his stats and reports about his play, he is a solid prospect. I am hopeful he can provide a bit of physicality to the back-end in the future

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Haggerty is unproven in the pros, but Halverson was supposed to go in the 5th round. Hrivik doesn't have tremendous offensive upside.

So I guess you could go any of the 3 ways on this one.

Ian

Mike York fan club
Jul 5, 2007
Long Island, NY
Halverson probably has the highest "potential" out of the players remaining, but I think Haggerty has shown more at the levels he's already played at. Going with Haggerty.

Add Iverson.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Halverson, add Bodie.

I agree with you.

Part of the reason this list looks much better is we have an entire draft class in 2013 that took a step forward, some bigger than others.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Bodie has put up some very impressive NCAA numbers. Is it possible he will compete for a roster spot in camp? He brings an offensive element that we don't have on the blueline. He is 24 since he was born in 1990. Going to have to make some decisions on him quick. How much upside can we expect from him? I think he should be added next. We should value an offensive D very high since we have so few.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Bodie has put up some very impressive NCAA numbers. Is it possible he will compete for a roster spot in camp? He brings an offensive element that we don't have on the blueline. He is 24 since he was born in 1990. Going to have to make some decisions on him quick. How much upside can we expect from him? I think he should be added next. We should value an offensive D very high since we have so few.

Problem is that older players tend to do this because they are physically and emotionally more mature. Then they go to the pros and get overwhelmed.

I like to see what college kids can do at 20-21. If they dominate at this age, I become hopeful. If they dominate at 23-24, when they are older than everyone, I become suspicious.

If Bodie can become another Gilroy, I will be happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad