It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
rTS3le8.jpg

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

As long as the sens win the sens odds go up, and the bruins go down,
as long as the bruins lose the sens odds goes up and the bruins go up.

If the sens win, and the bruins lose I will lose my **** in excitement.
If the bruins win and the sens lose, I will be no fun to be around for a while.

Tomorrow is day I am excited for, and a day I fear. How I wish the regular season ended today

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
As long as the sens win the sens odds go up, and the bruins go down,
as long as the bruins lose the sens odds goes up and the bruins go up.

If the sens win, and the bruins lose I will lose my **** in excitement.
If the bruins win and the sens lose, I will be no fun to be around for a while.

Tomorrow is day I am excited for, and a day I fear. How I wish the regular season ended today

nice poem

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
I'd like a win obviously, but I'm really looking forward to this as a measuring stick game... Are we really this good? Can we hang with or beat them ? or are our weaknesses going to get exposed against a better(pts wise) team ? We haven't been playing the cream of the crop in the last bunch of games, so I'm hoping we can elevate against a good one

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
I'd like a win obviously, but I'm really looking forward to this as a measuring stick game... Are we really this good? Can we hang with or beat them ? or are our weaknesses going to get exposed against a better(pts wise) team ? We haven't been playing the cream of the crop in the last bunch of games, so I'm hoping we can elevate against a good one

They have beat teams far better then them in terms of points.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
We're going to beat them. The Sens on paper are a really good match for the Rangers. I'm expecting Hoffman, Stone and Karlsson to have really big games. Also, Zibanejad, for some reason, loves to play against the Rangers. And I'm thinking after a two goal game he might be going on a little scoring streak.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

We beat LA, Montreal, Ana, almost Minnie, etc... and all those guys were playing really well.

Don't forget we ended LA's 8 game winning streak. They were hottest team in the league by WIDE margin. Then we faced the hottest team in the league since all-star game and almost won.

But I do agree beating or playing very close game with NYR would be indicative that we are indeed for real. They are absolute fire right now and we are coming off big winning streak and extending that winning streak vs NYR would give the players big boost of confidence. Especially if we end up facing them round 1.

Tbh, the way we played vs SJ, if we do it again, we'll win.

Stone Valley

A State of Trance
Jan 19, 2010
Ottawa
www.youtube.com
Funny thing is, if Ottawa loses this game in regulation or even in OT/SO, both Boston and Florida will think its a dagger in our hearts and think they have a chance to overcome us, which they do.

Also, not sure how everyone will feel in the dressing room after losing after this run, our momentum might be struck.

So... in conclusion.. WIN THE BLOODY GAME!

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
Not sure if I like Ottawa getting a red hot Talbot and Boston getting a cold/rusty Lundqvist.

Hope we end up getting a tired overworked youngster, and Boston get's a fresh Lundqvist looking to make a statement that he's still No. 1 instead :P

voiceofreason666*

Mar 10, 2015
You're kidding, right?
http://senators.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=38305

Of course no Milo... you do realize he has a concussion, right? You don't just bounce back from those.

Relax. Ottawa's won without Michalek before. We'll just have to do it again.

We're facing one of the best teams in the NHL with a lineup featuring 16-7-90 and 14-17-15. With Hammond not in god mode, do you honestly think we can pull this off?

Last edited by a moderator:

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Sorry for the double post, not sure how to edit...

We're facing one of the best teams in the NHL with a lineup featuring 16-7-90 and 14-17-15. With Hammond not in god mode, do you honestly think we can pull this off?

If we lose, Michalek was likely not going to be the difference maker. And I say this as a big Milo fan.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Sorry for the double post, not sure how to edit...

You honestly think Michalek could be the difference between a win or a loss?

And with the way the team has been playing (minus the the bad 2nd periods), yes, i do think they could pull it off.

voiceofreason666*

Mar 10, 2015
He can be a difference maker with the way he's been playing lately IMO.
This lineup is just so messed up with the lack of LWs.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
We beat LA, Montreal, Ana, almost Minnie, etc... and all those guys were playing really well.

Don't forget we ended LA's 8 game winning streak. They were hottest team in the league by WIDE margin. Then we faced the hottest team in the league since all-star game and almost won.

But I do agree beating or playing very close game with NYR would be indicative that we are indeed for real. They are absolute fire right now and we are coming off big winning streak and extending that winning streak vs NYR would give the players big boost of confidence. Especially if we end up facing them round 1.

Tbh, the way we played vs SJ, if we do it again, we'll win.

Montreal x2 and NY Islanders

BigBush*

http://senators.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=38305

Umm, yes, absolutely. The Sens have been playing great recently and can go head to head with any team.

It'll be a good test to play one of the best teams in the east to see how we stand up because we are also one of the best teams in the east

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I dunno....I'm more worried about the Boston & Toronto games over the Rangers. NY has a good team, but for whatever reason, they don't really scare me. They feel like an Anaheim or St Louis...good teams but we seem to beat them fairly often kind of vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad