Proposal: NYR & NJD

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
This trade will take a lot of heat because of the two teams involved. There are rumors that the Devils are looking for a young NHL Dman.

How about this trade?

NYR trade:

K’Andre Miller

NJD trade:

The idea is the Rangers draft Mason McTavish. He’s a Center With a lot of offensive potential which the Rangers are lacking and he brings a toughness to the game which the Rangers also lack. With McTavish finish ability, I think he would match up really well with Lafreniere for the future.

Only problem is this makes the Rangers weak at LD.

I also think it is nearly impossible to trade for you a young promising Center (ex. Turcotte).

Reactions: Poppy Whoa Sonnet

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Devils need RD more as most of their prospects are LD already but it could be something they'd consider

NJ would need to know for sure the Rangers were taking McTavish as well, wouldn't want to risk them taking Luke Hughes

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
Devils need RD more as most of their prospects are LD already but it could be something they'd consider

NJ would need to know for sure the Rangers were taking McTavish as well, wouldn't want to risk them taking Luke Hughes

The Rangers think VERY highly of Miller. They wouldn’t trade him for another Dman. They would just keep the one that is in the NHL already and not one a couple years away.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
The Rangers think VERY highly of Miller. They wouldn’t trade him for another Dman. They would just keep the one that is in the NHL already and not one a couple years away.

For sure, but what makes sense to us often isn't what makes sense to them.
If they consider Hughes a can't miss top 2 guy, they'd move Miller to get him... no idea how they feel about him though

I would certainly agree that McTavish make a lot more sense, but who knows?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Between “loser leaves town” and “heat,” there’s a lot of wrestling terms being thrown around here and I’m here for it.

As for the trade itself, I don’t think either team would do it as stated. If Beniers dropped to 4, I think the Rangers would do it then, but I still don’t see the Devils being willing to even risk helping the Rangers.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Miller isn't worth 4th OA lol
That's not an easy take. It's hard to say what Miller will top out as but I'm pretty sure at worst he is a 2nd pairing d man. He has size and very good skating ability from what I hear. If he can turn out to be a 35 to 50 point all situations d man (basically a ryan suter) than I'm pretty sure he is worth moving a 4th overall pick for. Unless Hughes or Clarke can be 60 plus point game breaker defensemen than it wouldnt be a good trade for the Devils. Basically Miller's potential of whathe can be is exactly what the Devils have needed for quite some time.

Ledge And Dairy

That's not an easy take. It's hard to say what Miller will top out as but I'm pretty sure at worst he is a 2nd pairing d man. He has size and very good skating ability from what I hear. If he can turn out to be a 35 to 50 point all situations d man (basically a ryan suter) than I'm pretty sure he is worth moving a 4th overall pick for. Unless Hughes or Clarke can be 60 plus point game breaker defensemen than it wouldnt be a good trade for the Devils. Basically Miller's potential of whathe can be is exactly what the Devils have needed for quite some time.
Thats not how it works exactly, Miller was drafter 3 years ago and hasn't done anything to prove he is worth more than where he was drafted (22nd). The 4th OA pick is more in the realms of Fox than it is Miller. Not saying NYR would trade Fox for #4 but its a hell of a lot closer in value than Miller is currently.

Miller has pretty good potential, I wont deny that but it is definitely not higher than Hughes, Edvinsson, or Clarke. Quinn Hughes alone should be enough proof of that

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Thats not how it works exactly, Miller was drafter 3 years ago and hasn't done anything to prove he is worth more than where he was drafted (22nd). The 4th OA pick is more in the realms of Fox than it is Miller. Not saying NYR would trade Fox for #4 but its a hell of a lot closer in value than Miller is currently.

Miller has pretty good potential, I wont deny that but it is definitely not higher than Hughes, Edvinsson, or Clarke. Quinn Hughes alone should be enough proof of that
do not bring up quinn hughes on the trade board in a thread involving the devils. simply don't!!!

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Huh? Im trying to justify why you dont trade away the pick where you should draft Luke Hughes for someone who has a lower ceiling than him
i got this.

but the combination of quinn huges and new jersey devils in a trade thread on hfb is TOXIC!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00