Pre-Game Talk: NYR HF Meet & Drink: Today is the day!

Where do we meet?

• Total voters

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Alright folks. Some conversation has taken place in another thread and there are several willing participants. We did this with a small turnout last year, this year we tried to plan further in advance.

Saturday, December 3rd. Be there.

I propose we meet up around 6pm. I may be a bit early. The question then is… where? I’ve chosen Stout for now as it’s close to Penn and has a good spread.

Last edited:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'd be down for chillin and watching the game on the 29th in the city.

Some places I usually frequent The Haymaker on 29th, or Barcade on 24th, but Barcade may not be the best place to watch a game. I assume it's more a watch party? I don't plan to go to the game, saving it for Game 1.

There is also Stout's but that place is meh. Chelsea Bell on 26th is not bad, have a nice selection of beer and decent food.

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I'd be down for chillin and watching the game on the 29th in the city.

Some places I usually frequent The Haymaker on 29th, or Barcade on 24th, but Barcade may not be the best place to watch a game. I assume it's more a watch party? I don't plan to go to the game, saving it for Game 1.

There is also Stout's but that place is meh. Chelsea Bell on 26th is not bad, have a nice selection of beer and decent food.

Yeah, this would just be a bunch of HF folks finally getting together in person to watch the game and have a few pints. Probably some wings, for me at least. Casual, just an easy hang on a Friday near the Garden.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I like how it is a rumor.

I might be down

I’m starting a rumor that there’s going to be an HF get together on the 29th. If enough people are down, it will become a confirmed signing with a link (to whatever pub we settle on).

I don’t really care where it is. I could do something like Tir Na Nog since it’s right there, or I could do something like one of @Leonardo87 recommendations a few more blocks away.

Reactions: Leonardo87

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I’m starting a rumor that there’s going to be an HF get together on the 29th. If enough people are down, it will become a confirmed signing with a link (to whatever pub we settle on).

I don’t really care where it is. I could do something like Tir Na Nog since it’s right there, or I could do something like one of @Leonardo87 recommendations a few more blocks away.
I want to do a HFNYR meetup where we play hockey but these cowards don't want to get dangled by me

• Love
Reactions: Unpredictable1

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I want to do a HFNYR meetup where we play hockey but these cowards don't want to get dangled by me

Well listen boss, you book the flight to NY, book the ice, etc. and I’ll lace ‘em up and show you how big boys play some puck. :naughty:

In the meantime it’s a lot easier to get a handful of dudes getting off work to stop at a pub and watch a hockey game (they were going to watch anyway) while drinking a beer (they were going to drink anyway). Baby steps, okay? :laugh:

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
LOL, I tried to play when I was younger, but pursued music instead. I don't regret the music part. But I am sure it would have been fun if I stuck with hockey. Could then fore-check your ass into the wall. lol. But instead have a pint on me! lol.

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I’m saying we should aim for:

Tir na Nog, 31st & 8th
Hudson Station, 35th & 9th
Tailor Public House, 34th & 8th
Haymaker, 29th & 8th

Easy options.

Reactions: Leonardo87

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I'll destroy you all
Ice hockey would be more fun as I can pull off Michigans left & right
Ball hockey would be more accessible as most of you Americans probably can't skate 😉
That's probably fair. I'm 33 now. Things are beginning to slow down for me. Need to start skating more again.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
I'll destroy you all
Ball hockey would be more accessible as most of you Americans probably can't skate 😉
1165daa0-eaf2-4225-808b-800f617cc236_text.gif

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I’m saying we should aim for:

Tir na Nog, 31st & 8th
Hudson Station, 35th & 9th
Tailor Public House, 34th & 8th
Haymaker, 29th & 8th

Easy options.
To note, the 29th they are playing the Caps, in case that might confuse some folks.

Any of those works, but if we are tallying votes I'd say Tailor Public, haven't been there yet. 2nd would be Hudson Station to keep it basic

Last edited:
Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I'll destroy you all

Ball hockey is what I do with my dog and a tennis ball, or will do when my son is a toddler. I was an NCAA defenseman. I’d enjoy knowing you want to try the Michigan all game so I can constantly look for the hit at the goal line.

But let’s focus on the task at hand folks…

LokiDog

Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I'm big.

You can stick me in goal.

I want to stick you in front of a plate of wings while some of us drink a few beers and watch the Rangers. This f***ing Vancouverite is over here hijacking my thread bragging about how he’s Trevor Zegras-lite, meanwhile he’s not even old enough to be allowed in a bar. :huh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad