Recalled/Assigned: #NYR have recalled forward Ryan Bourque and defenseman Chris Summers

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Happy for Bourque. That dude can be an effective fourth liner. Also happy this means we're gonna get some guys rest.

Clinching the Presidents trophy with two games to go does have its perks, I suppose.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Good for Ryan. Such a hardworking kid. He makes Callahan look downright lazy in comparison. Maybe he can be a 4th line spark-plug for us a la PJ Stock (but without the fighting ability). Everyone who's watched him play has been pulling for him because he works so hard.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
Bourque's first NHL game, it looks like.

I can't see him ever cracking the full-time roster being a 4th liner that small, but I hope he does well in this showcase and catches on somewhere. He really seems like a guy who has kept his head down and works his ass off both on and off the ice. Best of luck.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I was hoping to see McIlrath

Chris Summers had 264 pro games before this season began. The AHL limit for developmental players is 260 before the start of the season.

http://theahl.com/faq-p137653

What is the AHL's development rule?
In the AHL, player development is a top priority. The American Hockey League and the Professional Hockey Players' Association have the following development rule in place:

Of the 18 skaters (not counting two goaltenders) that teams may dress for a game, at least 13 must be qualified as "development players." Of those 13, 12 must have played in 260 or fewer professional games (including AHL, NHL and European elite leagues), and one must have played in 320 or fewer professional games. All calculations for development status are based on regular-season totals as of the start of the season.

I'm guessing that the callup of Summers over McIlrath has something to do with this rule.

The Mouth

Blueshirt Underground on You Tube
May 20, 2009
www.facebook.com
Ryan Bourque can be an effective fourth liner in the ECHL. I would rather have seen Lindbergh. But it's all gravy at this point.

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
Trade in coming :sarcasm: wonder who's getting the time off? Should be Nash. He's been solid but I've noticed he's lost a step since early in the season would like to see him Girardi and staal get a
Breather

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
ok so it's a good soldier thank you to Ryan Bourque and
a let's see how fast you can improve/learn notice to defenseman Chris Summers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad