Recalled/Assigned: #NYR have recalled defenseman Libor Hajek, forwards Jonny Brodzinski + Jake Leschyshyn and goaltender Louis Domingue from @WolfPackAHL .

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Black Aces.

As I said in the other thread, when Hartford goes out, assuming the Rangers are still playing, you might also see Carpenter, Blidh, Gettinger, and maybe even a Will Cuylle. Kalynuk or Jones on D.

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
I feel like Brodzinski is okay. He's obviously not a difference-maker but he also doesn't ever seem to really hurt you.
Brodzinski has been hot lately, he had 11 goals in the 11 games he played in march. 2 goals in the last game of february too

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Jones, Cuylle, Robertson, Emerson, and Garand should also join after they are eliminated

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Maybe calling them up for a few days and then sending them back to hfd for the playoffs is a way to get them paid a little more for those days. Not sure that's even possible though. Don't believe there's salary paid during the playoffs.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
are they going to be available to the pack for their playoffs? seems crazy to not let them play there.

They are eligible so it’s a matter of if they can go back and forth

When’s AHL playoffs start ? They have a game today

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Oh joy. Leshitshow's back. In all honesty the only one of these players i would've recalled is Brodz. If we want the kids down in HFD to experience playoffs, and possibly make a run, why are we taking some of the Pack's best players?

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
It could be just to have extra bodies for practice. A lot of guys will likely take a maintenance day between now and Tuesday.

Tomorrow is the last day of the regular season in the AHL. The playoffs probably won't start until Friday.

Reactions: Crease

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Last season the AHL season ended April 30 and then the first round games started May 3 and 4. I would imagine we'd see the same this year--regular season ends April 16 and then the games start Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I have not seen confirmation of this which may be due to the seeding still being up in the air on some divisions, including Hartford's. But it's basically going to be mirroring the NHL schedule.

That's why they have these guys with the Rangers. If the Rangers are in New Jersey and Motte gets really sick a couple hours before the game, you don't have to worry about hustling Brodzinksi down from Hartford or up from Charlotte. One minor travel snag and you end up playing short. They only take what they need-- 2F, 1D, 1G. The Rangers could have also taken Carpenter, Gettinger, Blidh, Robertson, Jones, etc. But that would be overkill and they've emphasized reinforcing Hartford. Unfortunately for Hartford, it is still in a quasi-development league and the Rangers take precedence.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
It could be just to have extra bodies for practice. A lot of guys will likely take a maintenance day between now and Tuesday.

Tomorrow is the last day of the regular season in the AHL. The playoffs probably won't start until Friday.
Domingue is target practice. A lot of regulars will not be participating in the skates between playoff games. Pretty much all practices are optional from here on out.

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
Well if they play in the playoffs for the A and they get hurt and we need them then we’re really up shits creek. Better off letting them stay here and let the young guys in Hartford get a chance to play important minutes in the A

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Well if they play in the playoffs for the A and they get hurt and we need them then we’re really up shits creek. Better off letting them stay here and let the young guys in Hartford get a chance to play important minutes in the A
Yeah, I follow Hartford more closely than all but a few others on the board, and would love nothing more than for them to continue their red-hot run through the playoffs. But at the same time, I still prioritize the Rangers' success.

Reactions: Cheapshot

RosensRug

Oct 1, 2020
are they going to be available to the pack for their playoffs? seems crazy to not let them play there.

Like someone else mentioned if there's a last second injury or illness this negates the travel logistics by having the guys with the team. Plus Drury isn't concerned at all with a Calder Cup.

Reactions: Crease

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Domingue is target practice. A lot of regulars will not be participating in the skates between playoff games. Pretty much all practices are optional from here on out.

Not a good sign if our players are too lazy and entitled to bother to practice

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I feel like Brodzinski is okay. He's obviously not a difference-maker but he also doesn't ever seem to really hurt you.

He is one of those AHL players with no NHL future as a regular. For some reason he is Brad Smyth, good AHL top line player but NHL 4th liner. That makes no sense. Imagine if they do that do Will Cuylle, and prospects who are worth more than a 4th liner. I think Cuylle and Sykora can be a 3rd liner and more than a 4th liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad