Proposal: Nyr-det

bfaust30

Dec 25, 2015
Staal + Nash for Erikkson, Tatar, Jurco + 4th rounder.

We get a bad contract in return, but get a good playable prospect and a solid top 6 guy. While The red wings get their solid top 4 man who comes a little expensive and an elite 200 foot player, which they do not have. Helm cannot score as much as Nash. Nielson needs a solid winger who can play his style.

Kinda ready for the "never gonna happen", "awful", or "this is stupid" but if you think about it. It makes sense for both teams.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Staal + Nash for Erikkson, Tatar, Jurco + 4th rounder.

We get a bad contract in return, but get a good playable prospect and a solid top 6 guy. While The red wings get their solid top 4 man who comes a little expensive and an elite 200 foot player, which they do not have. Helm cannot score as much as Nash. Nielson needs a solid winger who can play his style.

Kinda ready for the "never gonna happen", "awful", or "this is stupid" but if you think about it. It makes sense for both teams.

Never gonna happen awful this is stupid

(I'd definitely do this from a NYR POV, but Detroit fans have already declined a Staal/Eriksson swap and probably don't want to trade Tatar)

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
We don't want anything from New York. Probably the worst trade partners out there

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
How does this "make sense for both teams" exactly? NYR trade TWO bad contracts for one half bad contract, a good top 6 fwd, a good prospect, and a pick.

dream43

Nov 19, 2013
R.Nash+M.Staal at 2.85(50%)
vs
T.Jurco+T.Pulk+J.Ericsson+Cond 2nd 2017

Condition: If Detroit makes it past second round it is a 2nd other wise a 3rd in 2017

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010
Proposal is missing 50% retention on Nash and a 1st rounder going back to Detroit.

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
We don't want anything from New York. Probably the worst trade partners out there

I'd take Mcdonagh but no way is NY trading him.

I wouldn't do the OP deal. I like getting rid of Ericsson but I don't want to touch Staal.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Is there a who can make the most ridiculous comment competition going on today or something ? :help::help::help:

The OP is asking Detroit to take on over 13 million in cap...and Staal is not worth near his contract. Both of those statements are fair.

Doriva

May 6, 2015
Middlesbrough, UK
The OP is asking Detroit to take on over 13 million in cap...and Staal is not worth near his contract. Both of those statements are fair.

Nash is 7th in goals/60 since he joined the Rangers, plays elite two way hockey and chips in well in all special teams situations. A first round pick does not need to be added to move Rick Nash especially not at 50% as has been evidenced in other threads.

Adding Marc Staal, who is still a serviceable albeit overpaid defensman in my opinion does not plunge the value of Rick Nash all that much. Maybe Detroit cant afford to take on that much salary, but the statement was that the pair hold "negative value" not that Detroit cant afford them.

For the record I wouldn't do the OP as we've had much better offers for Nash in one of the other 10000 Rick Nash threads that have been created.

member 157595

Is there a who can make the most ridiculous comment competition going on today or something ? :help::help::help:

They're a hell of a lot closer to correct that the absolutely terrible original trade proposal, and I'm not a Wings fan.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Nash is 7th in goals/60 since he joined the Rangers, plays elite two way hockey and chips in well in all special teams situations. A first round pick does not need to be added to move Rick Nash especially not at 50% as has been evidenced in other threads.

Adding Marc Staal, who is still a serviceable albeit overpaid defensman in my opinion does not plunge the value of Rick Nash all that much. Maybe Detroit cant afford to take on that much salary, but the statement was that the pair hold "negative value" not that Detroit cant afford them.

For the record I wouldn't do the OP as we've had much better offers for Nash in one of the other 10000 Rick Nash threads that have been created.

Staal's contract makes the OP "negative value". How does 1 year of Nash make taking Staal at full pop positive? And ya, you would have to retain...or take a good chunk of salary to move Nash.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

$13M in cap space for two declining players probably is negative value. Ericsson would definitely be going back, and a piece like Tatar would not be added.

Doriva

May 6, 2015
Middlesbrough, UK
Staal's contract makes the OP "negative value". How does 1 year of Nash make taking Staal at full pop positive? And ya, you would have to retain...or take a good chunk of salary to move Nash.

Nash has two years remaining.

Other posters have offers 1st + Prospect for Nash with no retention, obviously with the caliber of prospect raising with the retention % so na we wouldnt have to retain.

Doriva

May 6, 2015
Middlesbrough, UK
$13M in cap space for two declining players probably is negative value. Ericsson would definitely be going back, and a piece like Tatar would not be added.

Nash is 1 year removed from his best scoring season of his entire career, last year he struggled with a nagging injury and had his lowest TOI of his career, that fact combined with our poor overall team play led to his drop in numbers. I'm confident that he hits at least 30G's this season along with his excellent two way play.

I think from what I can remember in another Nash to Detroit thread the offer was something around Tatar + Pulkinnen + 2nd rounder + Cap dump for Nash with like 20%, I'd be happy with that if we were to move Nash ( I dont think we should ).

I think we could easily ship Staal off in another smaller deal.

Ishad

Jun 2, 2010

Other posters have offers 1st + Prospect for Nash with no retention, obviously with the caliber of prospect raising with the retention % so na we wouldnt have to retain.

Great, go dump him on them.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
The Wings aren't contending any time soon, So this deal makes absolutely no sense for us. We need to start looking into the future and start rebuilding this franchise. Should've started the rebuild once Lidstrom retired. This team can't keep floundering like they're doing.

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Rangers pass. The sell low mentality on Nash is ridiculous makes no sense to sell this low - as other posters have mentioned he's one year removed from good numbers. Whatever happened to buy low sell high :D

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Rangers pass. The sell low mentality on Nash is ridiculous makes no sense to sell this low - as other posters have mentioned he's one year removed from good numbers. Whatever happened to buy low sell high :D

I think we're stuck with Nash. For better or worse.

For one not many contenders can fit him under their cap without us retaining. And which non-contender is going to offer anything worthwhile? He'll be old/gone by the time they'd realistically hit their window.

and what good is trading him for lesser pieces or even futures? Management still apparently thinks this roster can be a contender. So Nash, for all his faults, helps us be that contender. More so than said lesser pieces or futures anyway.

We're going to have to lose this trade for Nash in the present if we want a long term gain.

Something like Nash to Nash for Arvidsson, one of Fiala, Kamenev or Daughtery and a 1st or a 2nd depending on how much we retain is the most likely deal, IMO.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Nash is on the wrong side of 30 to be assuming he is worth acquiring for Detroit unless it was a TDL deal or something as an additional contender piece.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Wow...you're right, so now Detroit is taking 2 years of 7.8 cap and over 16 million in actual salary on Nash....and Staal's 5.7 million in cap until 2021? Somehow that makes the OP even worse.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
To OP, the financials just don't work, even if Detroit would accept (I doubt they would). You'd have to retain 20-30% on Nash just to make this plausible.

Id take any of Kreider, McDonagh, Stepan & Buchnevich in a... New York Minute

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad