Proposal: Nyr-col

Avs44

May 16, 2011
It makes zero sense for the Avs. If they are trading Duchene, they need to get younger, plain and simple. Two older players, regardless of value, is the entirely wrong direction.

stpn47

Feb 10, 2012
Lol at you proposing we would be adding something on top of Duchene. That's not even enough to get him. Think Stepan + Skjei + ?. Don't know the Rangers very well so I don't know what that ? would be.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
Lol at you proposing we would be adding something on top of Duchene. That's not even enough to get him. Think Stepan + Skjei + ?. Don't know the Rangers very well so I don't know what that ? would be.

If you dont know the rangers very well what makes you want Skjei ??

To the op it really doesnt make much sense for the avs especially with the expansion looming. I think most avs fans would rather it be a 1-1 type deal or one where we get younger pieces and picks.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
nah, no reason.
no dis intended to Duchene,
just not an area where NYR should force a change, and pay extra for the privilege

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Im confused...?

On the MacKinnon / Parayko thread, people were saying that Avs would have to add to get Parayko.

In this thread people are asking for Skjei and Stepan for Duchene? Seriously?

Stepan a very strong 2C with great playoff experience and numbers. Brady Skjei if he keeps up his current form is on the level of Parayko or not far off. I guess the fact that Parayko is a RD may make him more valuable.

I said it before and I will say it again but Rangers players are vastly undervalued in these discussions and it feels like its due to Rangers being a 'team first' kinda squad. We dont have players who reach 80/90 points a season but we will have a most of players hit 30/40/50 points a season, probably more than any other team in the league. Our output is very spread across the team thus appearing to reduce the value our players.

Stepan and Skjei would demand Duchene ++

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Im confused...?

On the Duchene / Parayko thread, people were saying that Avs would have to add to get Parayko.

In this thread people are asking for Skjei and Stepan? Seriously?

Stepan a very strong 2C with great playoff experience and numbers. Brady Skjei if he keeps up his current form is on the level of Parayko or not far off. I guess the fact that Parayko is a RD may make him more valuable.

I said it before and I will say it again but Rangers players are vastly undervalued in these discussions and it feels like its due to Rangers being a 'team first' kinda squad. We dont have players who reach 80/90 points a season but we will have a most of players hit 30/40/50 points a season, probably more than any other team in the league. Our output is very spread across the team thus appearing to reduce the value our players.

Parayko is far more valuable than Stepan and Skjei(who really is not close to the same level...) combined so no it is you that is wrong.

No interest at all from an Avs POV.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Parayko is far more valuable than Stepan and Skjei(who really is not close to the same level...) combined so no it is you that is wrong.

No interest at all from an Avs POV.

Just out of curiosity, why is Skjei not anywhere near the level of Parayko?

Where does the value of Skjei come in against Parayko & Trouba etc. I am not sayin that Skjei is better than these players but they are the benchmark for young dmen in the league who he can be compared to.

Skjei has been fantastic in his rookie season and plays like he has been in the league for years.

EDIT: I never once in my post said that the value was wrong. I was looking for clarification and shared my opinion. We are posters with a love of the game. No ones opinion is wrong. Its opinion, it could be unpopular but not wrong.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Im confused...?

On the MacKinnon / Parayko thread, people were saying that Avs would have to add to get Parayko.

In this thread people are asking for Skjei and Stepan for Duchene? Seriously?

Which "people" in the Parayko thread said that? I can find you dozens of posts also saying the Blues add, or it's terrible for the Avs, etc.

Trying to determine Duchene's value to the Rangers based on what a a few people said would have to be added to MacKinnon to get Parayko is just...what?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Just out of curiosity, why is Skjei not anywhere near the level of Parayko?

Where does the value of Skjei come in against Parayko & Trouba etc. I am not sayin that Skjei is better than these players but they are the benchmark for young dmen in the league who he can be compared to.

Skjei has been fantastic in his rookie season and plays like he has been in the league for years.

EDIT: I never once in my post said that the value was wrong. I was looking for clarification and shared my opinion. We are posters with a love of the game. No ones opinion is wrong. Its opinion, it could be unpopular but not wrong.

Parayko looks like he could turn into a legit #1 D. There is a reason why some Blues fans are even thinking about trading Pietrangelo. He is a beast.

There are not many young Ds right now who look better or more of a sure thing than he does.
I am not saying that he will win a Norris or anything but right now he looks like a stud.

We will see how he turns out 2-3 years from now but he has a ton of value at the moment.

Skjei is a year younger and has played 80 games less. The few games I saw from him also did not impress me as much as Parayko did.

I personally don't think he has legit #1 potential.

Time will tell. Same as with Parayko. But Colton right now is far more valuable IMO.

That said. I would not trade MacKinnon for him.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Parayko looks like he could turn into a legit #1 D. There is a reason why some Blues fans are even thinking about trading Pietrangelo. He is a beast.

There are not many young Ds right now who look better or more of a sure thing than he does.
I am not saying that he will win a Norris or anything but right now he looks like a stud.

We will see how he turns out 2-3 years from now but he has a ton of value at the moment.

Skjei is a year younger and has played 80 games less. The few games I saw from him also did not impress me as much as Parayko did.

I personally don't think he has legit #1 potential.

Time will tell. Same as with Parayko. But Colton right now is far more valuable IMO.

That said. I would not trade MacKinnon for him.

This is a legitimate response i was looking for. Reasons to why Parayko is rated so highly. I get fans over value their own players but its good to see an honest response from a neutral. I do think Skjei will be a top 2dman with how he has played this season but only time will tell. Parayko has been very strong and I was looking to see what made him as valuable as he is on here.

Anyway, back to the trade - I dont think this move benefits the Rangers or the Avs. Stepan is a great forward for us amd I dont think what would give up would be worthy of Duchene. We are very strong up front and have great depth. When Buch and Zib are back we will be better. Defense is our main concern. Saying that we have had 3 shutouts in 4 games. Not bad.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
How about Stephan + Klein + Zucc + a pick. For Duchene and Barrie

do not want Barrie

No blue chip prospect, no dice.
We don't have any to spare.
Coupla guys who could be throw ins like Kovacs/Tambellini, that type of deal grease, yeah.
Core piece like Skjei, no.

Replace Klein with Skjei and I'm more interested. With Klein I have literally 0 interest.
Would like to oblige, but we are too thin to spare him/Graves.

--------------------
this brings us to
would consider something around
Stepan + Zuc
for
Duchene +

Avalanche

Mar 18, 2011
Cornwall
do not want Barrie

Coupla guys who could be throw ins like Kovacs/Tambellini, that type of deal grease, yeah.

--------------------
this brings us to
Stepan + Zuc
for
Duchene +

What, no Siemens to NY?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
do not want Barrie

--------------------
this brings us to
Stepan + Zuc
for
Duchene +

And that brings us back to hell no. ;).

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
At some point, I can see an old fashion hockey trade involving Duchene. Dutchy for a top pairing defenseman or a two way 1C. The iron is not hot enough yet. Maybe Stepan can finish the year strong and match Duchene's point total and we'll come back to this next year ;)

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
At some point, I can see an old fashion hockey trade involving Duchene. Dutchy for a top pairing defenseman or a two way 1C. The iron is not hot enough yet. Maybe Stepan can finish the year strong and match Duchene's point total and we'll come back to this next year ;)

Top pairing D ? Yes. I can absolutely see that

Two way 1C?

I really can't see that. The guys that would be good enough to return Duchene won't be traded and guys like Stepan who might be available are simply not good enough to return Duchy IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad