*Vermette is #2C*
VDrwQvC.png

TTFOdbb.png

plAyrwj.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Agreed, but you might want to put the date for the game so others don't get confused. It's tomorrow. :)

YetAnotherNorwegian

Nov 1, 2010
Chi needed OT to beat the team where talent comes to dry up last night. Did not see the game, but based on result I'm guessing that was not an impressive effort. Hopefully they continue down the same path tomorrow.

3-1 Rangers, two goals with Brass assists.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
You know the team is irritated with the Detroit game. Chicago is the not the consummate clutch-n-grab p****** the Ref Wings are, so they'll have some room to play their game. I expect a big game out of them and a win.

And an update to postseason, standings, and Cup probabilities from Sports Club Stats, probably the best website for this type of thing out there.

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL.html

Rangers are now the favorite to win both the Cup and the President's Trophy :yo:

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Why are we going L-L on PP1 when we have Boyle and Yandle?

I guess it's either Stepan or Boyle on PP2 to get that right-shot. Actually, I'm not sure which unit there is PP2...

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
Why are we going L-L on PP1 when we have Boyle and Yandle?

I guess it's either Stepan or Boyle on PP2 to get that right-shot. Actually, I'm not sure which unit there is PP2...

Wasn't Girardi parked in front of the net on the PP against DET?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Wasn't Girardi parked in front of the net on the PP against DET?

He ended up there via the cycle, but I don't really know if that's what his new position on the PP is. I hope not. Girardi's position on the PP should be the bench.

Nash - Brassard - St. Louis
Boyle - Yandle

Kreider - Hayes - Zuccarello
Stepan - McDonagh

I wouldn't mind taking a look at that.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
He ended up there via the cycle, but I don't really know if that's what his new position on the PP is. I hope not. Girardi's position on the PP should be the bench.

Nash - Brassard - St. Louis
Boyle - Yandle

Kreider - Hayes - Zuccarello
Stepan - McDonagh

I wouldn't mind taking a look at that.

I couldn't watch the whole game. I remember the 1st powerplay had Boyle and Yandle as a pair and it looked really good then the next powerplay they were separated. Did they end up going back to that? I started watching again sometime in the late 3rd but don't remember any powerplays.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think they're doing the PP a real disservice by not putting Boyle and Yandle on at the same time.

I'd rather load up big time on one group than have two mediocre units.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Boyle and Handle were sick together. ES and PP. I wouldn't pair them at ES, but the powerplay should be a no brainer.

Also, what is Nash doing on the 2nd powerplay unit?

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
I do not mind them tinkering with the PP units after bringing Yandle in. Completely changes everything. Mess around with different combos until you find something that works. 20 games is usually right around when AV finds his permanent line combos. 20 games till the playoffs...

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
Boyle and Handle were sick together. ES and PP. I wouldn't pair them at ES, but the powerplay should be a no brainer.

Also, what is Nash doing on the 2nd powerplay unit?

To be honest, Nash isn't great on the powerplay. Doesn't have a one-timer and Kreider is better in front of the net than him.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
To be honest, Nash isn't great on the powerplay. Doesn't have a one-timer and Kreider is better in front of the net than him.

Nash isn't effective on the PP because they use him in front of the net. He should be on a unit with Kreider and let Kreider park in front of the net and let Nash work the half boards.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Makes literally zero sense not to pair Yandle and Boyle on the PP they've been dominant in their offensive zone shifts together is AV not watching the games?

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Nash isn't effective on the PP because they use him in front of the net. He should be on a unit with Kreider and let Kreider park in front of the net and let Nash work the half boards.

Precisely. Nash should be in a spot where he can walk-in and throw a wrister at the net if he sees an opening and pass otherwise. He's a fine passer and he scores a lot of goals when he can power his way into the slot and rip a shot.

Jan 8, 2012
NY

This is what I want as well. Nash and Kreider on the same powerplay would be great. Two big bodies who will go to the net. Stepan on the left boards and Boyle and Yandle at the points. Zucc and Brassgod make the 2nd unit much more dangerous.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
If Yandle is going to get John Moore Mins like he did last game at least leave him out for both powerplay Units and leave Girardi on the bench

jskramer83

Nov 11, 2011
I couldn't watch the whole game. I remember the 1st powerplay had Boyle and Yandle as a pair and it looked really good then the next powerplay they were separated. Did they end up going back to that? I started watching again sometime in the late 3rd but don't remember any powerplays.

Agree with this, power play was at our best when we stacked it. Wouldn't mind.....

Nash - Brassard - St Louis - This line was pretty effective even with Boyle at point
Stepan Yandle

Kreider - Hayes - Zucc
MCD Boyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad