Proposal: [NYR/CAR]

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Nope. Hayes is looking mighty valuable right now. There are few non-NHL prospects in the world I'd trade him for. Fox is not one of them.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
No interest from Carolina. The rebuilding team will keep their top prospects and has no need for rentals.

Reactions: Cane mutiny

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Bozo proposal. We know Hayes is an NHL player, and a good one. You don't trade him for a guy who hasn't even played a game straight up.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
Straight up? Not really. I think Hayes is a better player than Nash was last year. Did we move him straight up for a non roster player?

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I think Carolina would have to add a 2nd at minimum, but nothing significant- Hayes is a rental after all.

I think the cost realistically that the Rangers probably prefer though, is a 1st (no adds, as Carolina might be a late lottery team).

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Issue with Fox is that hes set to be a UFA and can choose to sign with anyone.

I'd do Fox and a conditional 1st.

If the Rangers can get him inked before the draft, the pick reverts to a 2nd in 19. If they cannot, the 1st in 19 goes to NYR

Reactions: x BEUKEBOOM x

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Issue with Fox is that hes set to be a UFA and can choose to sign with anyone.

I'd do Fox and a conditional 1st.

If the Rangers can get him inked before the draft, the pick reverts to a 2nd in 19. If they cannot, the 1st in 19 goes to NYR

Fox is set to be a UFA going into the 2020-21 lockout season. Not next year. And he stated this week in a The Athletic article that his #1 goal is to be in the NHL as soon as possible.

Only the Canes (or a team that trades for his rights) can sign him to a McAvoy-type deal where he starts next year on year 2 of his ELC. And he can’t choose his own destination as a college UFA for an extra year beyond that.

With that being the case, the earliest that Fox becomes available for trade is when he refuses to sign at the end of this year, eliminating the acceleration of his ELC. Until then all signs point to him signing in Carolina.

If the Rangers wanted to offer that benefit themselves then they would have to convince Carolina to concede it. That would be pricey for the calibre of prospect Fox is showing this year in the NCAA.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
This is awful for the Rangers, if Canes add their 1st then I might think about it but Fox isn’t a need with Deangelo and Pionk. I’d want a 1st+Kuokkanen+Martin if Canes want Hayes

I don't really think the Canes do want Hayes...a lot of these Fox proposals I've seen lately has been random posters posting "Let's overpay to get Fox to the Rangers because he's from NY and grew up a Rangers fan" threads.

I'm pretty sure he's signing in Carolina and despite growing up a NYR fan, it's not the only place he'd play and he's not biding time until he's a FA and can bolt to NY. This is more fan fantasy than anything.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Fox is set to be a UFA going into the 2020-21 lockout season. Not next year. And he stated this week in a The Athletic article that his #1 goal is to be in the NHL as soon as possible.

Only the Canes (or a team that trades for his rights) can sign him to a McAvoy-type deal where he starts next year on year 2 of his ELC. And he can’t choose his own destination as a college UFA for an extra year beyond that.

With that being the case, the earliest that Fox becomes available for trade is when he refuses to sign at the end of this year, eliminating the acceleration of his ELC. Until then all signs point to him signing in Carolina.

If the Rangers wanted to offer that benefit themselves then they would have to convince Carolina to concede it. That would be pricey for the calibre of prospect Fox is showing this year in the NCAA.

I was under the impression that if he didn't sign this summer, he would be a UFA in the same mold as Hayes and Vesey were

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad