Confirmed with Link: NYR Acquire Jacob Trouba for Pionk and 20th Overall pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I would say he’s defense first, but his offensive ability is above average overall. Not in terms of passing/puck handling skills, but accurately reading the play, jumping in on the rush, and shot quality are all good to great.

Definitely not an easy guy to play against physically. He isn’t Gudas level nasty but he’ll make his presence know along the boards and in front of the net.
"Right-handed McDonagh pre-injury" is how I'd describe him.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Fair, but for me personally those guys are easy to find. Finding top pair guys are way harder.

I think finding a guy to throw out there on the third pair isn't particularly challenging. I think finding someone who really "owns" the role can be at times.

If Lindren hits his full potential, I think he's the type of guy teams typically trade for at the deadline. The type of deals where teams give up a more "skilled" or "naturally talented" player with more eye-catching stats, and fans scratch their heads and say, "But this dude has 2 goals, 10 points and 60 pims. We paid too much."

Then the playoffs roll around...

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Don’t forget that ridiculously unlucky injury to Hank that was Murphy’s law incarnate.

I still can’t believe McDonagh’s stick lifted his mask *just enough* for that puck to hit him in the neck.

**** our bad luck. We’ve been due for good things to happen to us, and getting the 2OA was hopefully the start of it.
Jagr's injury against the Devils is another...

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
What are the more pressing needs? They have stocked up at a lot of the positions. RHD is a high in demand position.

Of course if they trade into the top 12-15 then I think they focus on the center position.

But to question why they would need Seider? Have you seen our defense? You build from the net out. You establish your a strong defense and focus on the center position. Wings last imo. Centers can always slide to the wing. But you can never have enough D. You mention Lundkvist and Keane. Miller. Those kids arent here yet. They are not depth until they are established. Heck, Fox isnt even here yet. Can never have enough defense in the system.

They need a high scoring F and D. The position is less important. I don't care if C or W, I want an 80 point player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad