Confirmed with Link: NYR acquire Adam McQuaid from Bruins for Kampfer, and 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Has the team collapsed and everyone died yet?

You must've been asleep.

McQ tripped over Andersson and into Chyil, putting them both on the shelf.

Then he checked Howden through the glass, eliminating all 3 of our young centers.

Quinn accidentally burnt himself trying to light a fire under the asses of Hayes and Buchnevich, and Zucc concussed himself when we accidently skated head first into the knee of O'Gara.

Cody McLeod skated for 30 seconds before accidentally concussing Lundqvist, who was busy breaking his 12th stick of the day over the crossbar when he remembered what the difference in front of him will look like. I don't think he's going to make it.

Meanwhile, Shattenkirk, Pionk and ADA are being fitted for lifts and weights so that maybe someone can hit the 6'1, 210 pound range.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You must've been asleep.

Then he checked Howden through the glass, eliminating all 3 of our young centers.

Quinn accidentally burnt himself trying to light a fire under the asses of Hayes and Buchnevich, and Zucc concussed himself when we accidently skated head first into the knee of O'Gara.

Cody McLeod skated for 30 seconds before accidentally concussing Lundqvist, who was busy breaking his 12th stick of the day over the crossbar when he remembered what the difference in front of him will look like. I don't think he's going to make it.

Meanwhile, Shattenkirk, Pionk and ADA are being fitted for lifts and weights so that maybe someone can hit the 6'1, 210 pound range.

And we'll still somehow draft 8th overall.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Holden is actually pretty good and he brought back a 3rd rounder. I don't know what people think McQuaid would theoretically return.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I mean, if he returns a 4th that's fine with me
He has to play regularly and not suck first. Right now I just don’t see enough reason to assume this trade will ultimately be a wash in assets. Gorton trying to fill a role here for cheap. I don’t really care one way or another, maybe it will make the season a little bit more entertaining.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
I think you guys will be happy with Quaider. He'll drop his gloves to defend a teammate no matter who it is. He'll actually fight with a smile on his face which actually looks a little creepy. He's a good, quality, tough-as-nails defender that you got in a steal. I wish him the best of luck with you guys. He's been fun to watch for sure.

You'll probably get a third-liner at the deadline from a team that's soft on D.

Reactions: Jim Ramsay

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Holden is actually pretty good and he brought back a 3rd rounder. I don't know what people think McQuaid would theoretically return.

I can see a 3rd and a 6th, I really doubt we will be able to get a 2nd rounder for him.

I am looking forward to some big hits and fights and hope his physical style and mentality will rub off on some players. McLeod never satisfied me in that department.

Reactions: BBKers

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
You must've been asleep.

Exactly lol

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I like McQuaid for us at this point. I'm comfortable having a good Hartford team this year and letting them have success and learn to win before they get to the nhl. So adding him just dropped one of the kids from the big team that has no chance at a championship to a team that should be competitive in the AHL.
You know, I'm not as down as most are about our chances of making the playoffs, I like our forward group even if we have no superstars we can run out 3 really good lines. Our d group needs a few things to go right,but the best thing is we have a lot of depth there and if some guys aren't working out we can give someone else an opportunity. Our d is the key, if its decent we could be battling for a playoff spot...if not...tank city.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Like the trade. You can flip him as a rental. Adds veteran leadership, toughness to the line up.

Good insulation for the kids coming up, forces them to earn a spot.

Don't have to worry about his play dropping off, bench him and the contracts done in June if it comes to that.

There's very little downside here for where the team is currently.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Well, if its any consolation --- we'll be slated to pick 9th until the last game of the season and then finish 8th.

Then the team picking 9th will win the lottery.

And with the 9th OA pick they will select the consensus ranked 21st player for the draft.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Like the trade. You can flip him as a rental. Adds veteran leadership, toughness to the line up.

Good insulation for the kids coming up, forces them to earn a spot.

Don't have to worry about his play dropping off, bench him and the contracts done in June if it comes to that.

There's very little downside here for where the team is currently.
Well said and dead on, imo. The Rangers have little to lose on this deal while gaining a HUGE dose of toughness in a quiet, soft-spoken individual. I'm sorry to see him go.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Love your avatar!

Brings back memories of the good old days Bruins/Rangers.:thumbu:
Thanks. I wasn't a fan back then but I have so many memories of my dad with the radio on listening to Marv Albert do the Ranger games. Names like Villemure, Bobby Rousseau, Vic Hatfield and those guys. I was hooked during the '79 playoff run. I fell in love with Duguay and Murdoch. LOL!!

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Good stuff . I like the deal...not much to lose and he can be flipped out at deadline for a pick in return . If he stays healthy and makes life nastier in the slot , that will be fine by me . But then again..I am biased as he is a relative of my wife's . Here is a side of him many will never know either . Enjoy... Adam McQuaid - Sharing his Faith

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

mcquaad86

Note the polar blue in front of his own net. McQuaid is a great crease-clearer, I have to give him that.

Very concerned about those slot chances, though.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

so this confirms that he and Staal were pretty much the top pair on their OHL team for 4 seasons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad