Nyquist's GM Game v2.0 Sign-up Thread (Bidding starts tonight, ends tom. night)

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
:nhl
Nyquist's GM Game v2.0: Super Teams
To join the game pm me whether you want to be a contender or a rebuilder. You MUST be active to play this game, if you prove to be inactive you could be fired at any time.
[fieldset="Jobs"]
  • Main Commissioner: Nyquist
  • Co-Commissioner: JayP612
  • Co- Commissioner: Boltsfan9175
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Very Important Rules"]
  • No editing of any kind is allowed in the auction threads, double check before you post
  • There will be no entry draft, thus entry draft picks have no value in this game
  • Complete cap information must be posted by the end of the game to qualify for winning
  • There will be five contenders and five rebuilders, first come first serve
  • Teaming up will be a necessity, nobody will be by themselves unless few people sign up
  • Due to the nature of this game, rebuilders rosters are going to be limited to six forward lines, five defense pairs, and three goalies
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Auction For Teams"]
  • There will be an auction for which three teams everybody gets (10 team game)
  • Everyone will have 100M in cap for the auction (this number is not the number for your salary cap)
  • All bidding will be done publically in threads, spread out over three days.
  • To place a bid on a team simply post your bid amount and which team you're bidding on
  • Bids must be done in multiples of five (.5M, 1M, 4M, 40.5M, etc.)
  • If two people place the same bid on a team the person who placed the bid first is considered in the lead
  • There is no set time limit for when auctions end. They will start at 9PM EST and after that every time a bid is placed, the clock for that team is extended five minutes. If a bid is placed at 9:34 the auction for that team is done at 9:39 on the dot for example
  • A GM must win three teams without going over the allotted amount of 100M.
  • NO EDITING OF ANY KIND IS ALLOWED.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Salary Cap"]
  • $105,000,000M
  • There will be no cap floor
  • All teams MUST be under the cap by the end of trade deadline day
  • Use Armchair GM to calculate your Team's Cap. Set it to "Today"
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Waivers"]
  • If you'd like to place a player on waivers, post in this thread along with the player's contract information.
  • To save time and avoid confusion and complications, waivers will be "first come, first serve". Whoever puts in a claim first will get the player.
  • If you claim a player and he puts you over the cap, it will be vetoed and the said player will be put back on the waiver wire.
  • Teams will have 12 hours to claim a player off the wire before he clears.
  • GMs can only claim 3 players off waivers at a time (for example claiming 6 players at once will not count)
  • Once a player is placed on waivers, he cannot be taken out until he clears. Once he clears, you may send him through re-entry waivers if you wish, but keep in mind if someone puts in a claim you will have to pay half of the player's salary and cap hit.
  • If a player clears his cap hit will be off your cap
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Trades"]
  • There are no NTC/NMCs in this game
  • You do not need our approval before posting your trade. Just simply post it. However the league does have the right to reject the trade within 24 hours of it being posted.
  • When a deal is deemed too lopsided or one sided the deal will be put on hold. The GMs involved in the deal will be asked to revise it. After which the league will hold a meeting with the GMs involved and will approve or deny the change. The role of the league office is not to make the deal fair but to make it less one sided.
  • You must post a roster full of team info before being allowed to trade
  • You may not make any trades until you post your roster.Any deals made before will be put on hold and will not be official until your roster is posted
  • Keep in mind that any deal the league thinks is outrageous can and will be vetoed, so don't pull anything stupid.
  • If a deal is vetoed, you won't be able to make the exact deal again.
  • You may only retain a max of 50% of a player's cap
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Re-signings and signings"]
  • All current UFA are now "signed in the KHL" and gone for the purposes of this game
  • RFAs will automatically be re-signed at their current cap hit
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Other Rules"]
  • Inactivity will not be accepted. If you have just one post in the thread one day before the deadline, you will be fired.
  • You MUST keep your roster and Trading block Update
  • Posting in the thread doesn't necessarily mean you will get the job you wanted. Post the team you want and the job you want and I will determine who gets the jobs.
  • If it's proven that you have not kept your roster updated through out the game
  • Not keeping your roster updated is considered a sign of inactivity and if your roster is found to be significantly out of date then you will be fired .
  • If you are not active for longer then 36 hours without giving notice you will risk being fired
  • If a player is out for the season due to injury, he can't be added to your roster and won't count against your cap. If he's injured but not expected to be out for the rest of the season, he's in play and still counts.
  • If a team still has any compliance buyouts remaining then that GM can use them.
  • Any players bought out already count. For example the Brad Richards Buyout counts.
  • If you have any questions regarding the game or how it works, feel free to ask me.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Contenders"]
  • Nyquist/JayP612/Beaunett/Latvian Twist: Colorado (9), Detroit (28)
  • Donut/Donghabs98: Montreal (10), St. Louis (37),
  • Watch for the Yeti/Hockeyforever10/Dabeast: Buffalo (10),
  • Playtowin/Ronaldo/Trick9: Calgary (1), Los Angeles (42.5),
  • Pucker77: Columbus (3), Nashville (25),
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Rebuilders"]
  • Boltsfan9175/xxOPPNOOBZxx: Toronto (.5)
  • OnTheBrink: Dallas (6.5), Anaheim (46.5), Edmonton (14)
  • 50 Shades of Vey/Jagrpens90: Pittsburgh (62.5), New York Islanders (15.5)
  • How Ya Drouin/BoldNewLettuce: Washington (15.5), Carolina (3),
  • Showjaxx: New York Rangers (18.5), Winnipeg (6), Tampa Bay (63)
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Auction Schedule"]
Day 1: Anaheim, New York Rangers, Pittsburgh, Washington, Columbus, Toronto, Dallas, Edmonton, Buffalo, Carolina

Day 2: Los Angeles, Colorado, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Montreal, Detroit, Winnipeg, Calgary, New York Islanders, Nashville

Day 3: Chicago, Boston, San Jose, Minnesota, Philly, Vancouver, Phoenix, Florida, New Jersey, Ottawa [/fieldset]

Last edited:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
This won't start until Dong's game's voting is over btw. So hurry up and vote on that if you want this to start. Also, read the rules completely please.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
BF, Jay, and I have decided to limit the rosters of rebuilders. Check out the last rule of the Important Rules section for it. As long as you're within the limit by the end of the game you're alright. This shouldn't affect much, we just wanted to avoid a team with 50+ players.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Since we now have a full line-up, we'll start this baby tomorrow night. Bidding starts tonight however (ends tomorrow night so don't worry about it if you can't make it on tonight). Remember to be smart with your bids, and no editing.

Last edited:

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Also I chose yep in the poll because p is closer to n and o (no)

And p is the 16th letter of the alphabet, n is the 14th, if you subtract them you get 2, and option two is usually no.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I'll make a post to explain this better because I can see why there's confusion. Bidding will start sometime soon (probably at half time of the Lions game). However it will not end until 9 pm tomorrow. That technically isn't the end though, that's when the extra bidding starts (every time a bid is placed the clock extends five minutes). When no bid is placed after five minutes that is when it officially ends. There will be individual threads set up within the next couple of hours where the bids will take place. I'll update the OP as well to hopefully clear up any confusion.

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
OnTheBrink: Edmonton 14/Dallas 6.5/Anaheim 46.5
WTY/DB/HF10: Buffalo 10/
Pucker: Columbus 3/
Jagr/Vey: Toronto 5/ Pittsburgh 62.5
HYD/BNL: Washington 15.5/Carolina 3/
Showjaxx: New York R 18.5/

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If anyone needs/wants an(other) assistant, I'd be down to join a team.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

Because of the circumstances with a rookie GM going against his partner's words, I let WTY and Dabeast retract their bid yesterday. Because I did that I gave Jagr and Vey the opportunity to win them at the amount they bidded or to not win the Leafs at all. They've elected to decline, so Toronto will be added to one of the threads momentarily and will be up for bid.

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008

Because of the circumstances with a rookie GM going against his partner's words, I let WTY and Dabeast retract their bid yesterday. Because I did that I gave Jagr and Vey the opportunity to win them at the amount they bidded or to not win the Leafs at all. They've elected to decline, so Toronto will be added to one of the threads momentarily and will be up for bid.

My goldfish was bidding on the Rangers last night without my knowledge. I'd like to retract the winning bid for them.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan

Goldfish are known to be intelligent bidders. Your intelligence must have rubbed off on this one.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Would like to announce that I'm joining Nyquist and JayP612 as an assistant GM. Proud to be a part of a great organization.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad