Value of: Nyquist + Tatar + 2017 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
While the signing of Nielsen was not totally unexpected, the Wings' signing of Vanek and Ott has raised major concerns among those Wings fans who want to see both AA and Mantha getting top 9 minutes. Of course, we still could use some help on the blueline(preferably a young(under 25)right handed puck moving dman). To aquire said beast I offer the following package:

Nyquist + Tatar + 2017 1st(lottery protected-top 7).

Any interest???

Give me your best offer and any grief that may be appropriate.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Overpayment. Top-4 RHD grow on trees and are readily available for cheap from every team.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Probably not going to get the kind of player you want for that package. At least not from Winnipeg, before someone starts with the obligatory Trouba offers. Likely not from other teams as well.

Just gotta wait for Saarijärvi to make his way into the NHL, then you have a gem in your hands. :)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If the cap situation on both sides wasn't awkward I'd prob do something around Fowler + montour and a cap dump + pick to even out

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
First off we're talking Ken Holland here, No way will both Tatar and Nyquist get dealt. It's one or the other. Most likely Tatar a prospect and a pick depending on who it is like Shattenkirk.

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
Overpayment. Top-4 RHD grow on trees and are readily available for cheap from every team.

An overpayment it may be but I don't agree that top-4 RHD grow on trees and are readily and cheaply available from every team. If that were the case, we would have already made a trade.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
An overpayment it may be but I don't agree that top-4 RHD grow on trees and are readily and cheaply available from every team. If that were the case, we would have already made a trade.

Sarcasm fail.

The only Top-4 RHD available to me is Shattenkirk and he has contract issues. You ain't sniffing Trouba with that.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

This is sarcasm right? Top 4 RHD are like the rarest commodity in hockey. It seems like half the league is always looking for one.

DigitalSea

Thank you Landon
Jun 13, 2011
Anaheim, CA
Edmonton is famous for making bad decisions.

Regardless, just like contracts, what the rest of the league does can have a bearing on market price. Would you rate Larsson over Fowler?

I would have trouble saying Larsson has a higher ceiling than Montour, even.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Regardless, just like contracts, what the rest of the league does can have a bearing on market price. Would you rate Larsson over Fowler?

I would have trouble saying Larsson has a higher ceiling than Montour, even.

Bottom line is Larsson has 274 games of NHL experience and Montour has 0, Can you honestly tell me right now that Montour would get you a Taylor Hall right now because the answer is he wouldn't so the Hall for Larsson deal isn't comparable to what Montour would receive which at this phase isn't much.

DigitalSea

Thank you Landon
Jun 13, 2011
Anaheim, CA
You're kidding right, Brandon Montour has zero experience yet at the NHL level. And Adam Larsson has played in 274 NHL games so far so how is the Hall Larsson deal comparable to what Montour would receive.

Larsson is totally hands down the better player right now, and very well could be in the future. I'd just have a hard time giving up that kind of potential considering what he did as a rookie this year in the AHL, for a Tatar or Nyquist.

Obviously in a vacuum, taking out needs and fit, Montour has the least value out of any players being mentioned.

Bottom line is Larsson has 274 games of NHL experience and Montour has 0, Can you honestly tell me right now that Montour would get you a Taylor Hall right now because the answer is he wouldn't so the Hall for Larsson deal isn't comparable to what Montour would receive which at this phase isn't much.

No he wouldn't, but why would ANA trade an unknown commodity in Montour(+) when we can trade a Fowler instead? If Larsson can aquire Hall, I'd rather not dangle our second best D prospect over Fowler. That was mostly my point, I see how that got misconstrued.

Last edited:

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Larsson is totally hands down the better player right now, and very well could be in the future. I'd just have a hard time giving up that kind of potential considering what he did as a rookie this year in the AHL, for a Tatar or Nyquist.

Obviously in a vacuum, taking out needs and fit, Montour has the least value out of any players being mentioned.

No he wouldn't, but why would ANA trade an unknown commodity in Montour(+) when we can trade a Fowler instead? That was mostly my point, I see how that got misconstrued.

If Detroit was including a deal around Tatar/Nyquist+Sheahan for Fowler+Montour what Detroit is giving Anaheim is easily worth the deal for both Fowler and Montour weren't just including Tatar or Nyquist for Fowler and Montour obviously Detroit would need to add.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

No he wouldn't, but why would ANA trade an unknown commodity in Montour(+) when we can trade a Fowler instead? If Larsson can aquire Hall, I'd rather not dangle our second best D prospect over Fowler. That was mostly my point, I see how that got misconstrued.

I'm pretty sure that it was a Duck fan that suggested something around Tatar+Sheahan for Fowler and Montour not a Wing fan was just pointing it out.

Fugu

RIP Barb
Nov 26, 2004
϶(°o°)ϵ
While the signing of Nielsen was not totally unexpected, the Wings' signing of Vanek and Ott has raised major concerns among those Wings fans who want to see both AA and Mantha getting top 9 minutes. Of course, we still could use some help on the blueline(preferably a young(under 25)right handed puck moving dman). To aquire said beast I offer the following package:

Nyquist + Tatar + 2017 1st(lottery protected-top 7).

Any interest???

Give me your best offer and any grief that may be appropriate.

Your name indicates your true intent if this what you'd offer up in trades.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad