Proposal: Nyquist for Kirill Marchenko + 3 round 2019

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Panarin is leaving . Nyquist similar , but not as good as Panarin for very good second round prospect who might never play in NHL and 3rd round from 2019 draft
Detroit will free up cap space and Jackets will get solid second line winger for 1/2 price what they would pay for Panarin

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I'd rather hold on to Marchenko. He's probably our highest ceiling prospect, even if he's not going to be playing in the NHL for ~3 years.

Wings would rather have a D prospect IMO.

Peeke or Carlsson maybe?

I think I could live with this. If we can essentially guarantee that Gavrikov will be coming over next season, I'd be willing to move Carlsson for Nyquist and sign a vet like Orpik to a 1-yr contract.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Weird that a Wings fan is proposing moving our best trade chip for yet another winger prospect. I'd be fairly disgusted by that kind of move. Picks or D prospects.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Weird that a Wings fan is proposing moving our best trade chip for yet another winger prospect. I'd be fairly disgusted by that kind of move. Picks or D prospects.
I really like Marchenko , unlike Nyquist, play at any situation. You can not get 1 line defenseman for him and we have plenty button paring defensemans

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
I really like Marchenko , unlike Nyquist, play at any situation. You can not get 1 line defenseman for him and we have plenty button paring defensemans

So trade him for picks and choose your own D prospects. Adding more wingers, the only position that's actually stacked in our system, is a waste of a useful resource.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Detroit already had a surplus of wingers before drafting Zadina and Berggren, lol. Nyquist needs to go, but we absolutely do not need to replace a winger with a winger.

That and this really isn't great value for Nyquist.

Reactions: Larkin1578

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I wouldn’t do this if I was CBJ
Marchenko is an absolute stud

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I'd rather hold on to Marchenko. He's probably our highest ceiling prospect, even if he's not going to be playing in the NHL for ~3 years.

I think I could live with this. If we can essentially guarantee that Gavrikov will be coming over next season, I'd be willing to move Carlsson for Nyquist and sign a vet like Orpik to a 1-yr contract.
Higher than Abramov?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Higher than Abramov?
Not a chance, Abramov gets overlooked because of his size. If he were 3 inches taller he would likely been seen as one of the top prospects in hockey. Some may feel Marchenko has a higher chance to reach his ceiling but Abramov is our highest ceiling prospect even after this past draft but is likely very boom or bust at the pro level

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
three straight sub 50pt seasons...not sure this is the guy columbus would be after

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
three straight sub 50pt seasons...not sure this is the guy columbus would be after

He's a good player. One year left(4.75), would fit in perfect with a team looking for a top 6 RW...but I don't think Columbus is.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Doubt blue jackets would want to move Marchenko after just drafting him and reportedly they had a 1st round grade on him.

Detroit doesn't need him with their winger depth.

I'd expect nyquist to go for something like 2019 2nd + 2020 3rd. Maybe pulls a late 1st if he has a productive first few months.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad