Nyquist and Andersson will be back

Govment Cheese

Groooovy
Jul 8, 2010
Ken Holland said he plans on signing both...
"If somebody puts in an offer sheet, we'll match."
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/07/gustav_nyquist_and_joakim_ande.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+detroit-redwings+%28Detroit+Red+Wings+-+MLive.com%29

Like that Kenny is going to resign both. Liked what i saw out of them last year.

When they are signed we will have 15 forwards under contract that are non-exempt. Looking like Nyquist will start the season with the Griffins and be the first call up.

Used cap geeks waiver calculator to figure status of Tatar, Andersson and Nyquist not sure if it is right.

Just leaves Brenden Smith to sign.

Aug 6, 2012
http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/07/gustav_nyquist_and_joakim_ande.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+detroit-redwings+%28Detroit+Red+Wings+-+MLive.com%29

Like that Kenny is going to resign both. Liked what i saw out of them last year.

When they are signed we will have 15 forwards under contract that are non-exempt. Looking like Nyquist will start the season with the Griffins and be the first call up.

Used cap geeks waiver calculator to figure status of Tatar, Andersson and Nyquist not sure if it is right.

Just leaves Brenden Smith to sign.

If Nyquist starts the season in the AHL I'll find another team to root for :laugh:

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Ok great. Now what about Tatar ?

He's not a RFA.

I think Kenny mentioned Smith too. They'll probably get something done before arbitration.

I'm just worried some Holmgren dbag type will offersheet and put us in cap hell. Just get a deal done already...

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
He's not a RFA.

I think Kenny mentioned Smith too. They'll probably get something done before arbitration.

I'm just worried some Holmgren dbag type will offersheet and put us in cap hell. Just get a deal done already...

Has a player like Smith ever been offer sheet'd?

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Is this news..? :help:

Stating they will match is news. Not huge news, but it just means we don't have to worry about Nyquist getting targeted with us pushing up against the cap. They would match and I like that message being out there.

I don't really expect Andersson to get an offer sheet and if someone offered him a stupid one in the most shocking move I can remember, I would have to see the deal, but I might take the compensation on him.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Has a player like Smith ever been offer sheet'd?

Closest I can think of in recent times is Hjalmarsson, but I think he was way ahead in terms of development when he got an offersheet. Smith has a long way to go before he meets his potential I think.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
GM's probably playing it cool this summer. Too much of a squeeze, to get RFA's you have to overpay by a significant amount and it just doesn't seem worth the effort. Not to mention you give up draft picks. And the idea that the other team will try to screw you back later on seems to still be alive.

Realistically though, would a guy like Andersson even be offersheeted more than $1.5M? Doubt it. Nyquist over $3M? Doubt it. So there's that too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad