Trade: [NYM/PHI] Jason Vargas for Austin Bossart

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Haha who cares. Might as well have dealt Wheeler instead and got an actual prospect back.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Another throw away trade with the Phillies, Bossart appears to be a light hitter but good defensive catcher

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Jason 84 MPH fastball Vargas strikes more guys out per 9 than Marcus Stroman....

But i am pretty surprised they couldn't get a better prospect than what they got, being that Vargas is having a solid year and they paid down some of his deal for luxury tax Phillies. The guy the mets got is the definition of throwaway. Better chance of seeing him in my beer league hardball game than the majors.

Then again, insiders and execs were stunned at the Stroman trade so I guess the market is lower than predicted.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Jason 84 MPH fastball Vargas strikes more guys out per 9 than Marcus Stroman....

But i am pretty surprised they couldn't get a better prospect than what they got, being that Vargas is having a solid year and they paid down some of his deal for luxury tax Phillies. The guy the mets got is the definition of throwaway. Better chance of seeing him in my beer league hardball game than the majors.

Then again, insiders and execs were stunned at the Stroman trade so I guess the market is lower than predicted.

Height doesn't measure K's bro

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Boom. Roasted.

But knowing the Wilpons they’ll try to double up to save space or maybe rent the top part out
They've already measured and can fit Wilmer Flores and his cot up there. I tried to explain he wasn't on the team anymore, but Wilpon couldn't hear over the noise of his rock'em sock'em robots.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
His FIP is a decent amount higher than his actual ERA and he had the ugly incident with threatening a reporter and then not apologizing.

He had to go.
I mean he has a WAR over 1, and the Mets are apparently trying to contend, not sure why they are trading him for nothing. Maybe the incident played a big factor but from a winning games pov it doesnt make sense to me.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I mean he has a WAR over 1, and the Mets are apparently trying to contend, not sure why they are trading him for nothing. Maybe the incident played a big factor but from a winning games pov it doesnt make sense to me.

At the moment, they have a rotation of DeGrom/Syndergaard/Stroman/Wheeler/Matz.

I don’t think they need Jason Vargas if they’re serious about winning games now. Just don’t trade Syndergaard (which they should never do anyway) and qualify Wheeler at years end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad