Trade: [NYM/PHI] Asdrubal Cabrera for Franklyn Kilomé

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY

This might be awkward after what happened a few years ago:

(And yes, Edubray Ramos, who gave up that homer, is still with the Phillies, though he's on the DL right now)

(Also, the Phillies now have both Asdrubal Cabrera and Odubel Herrera. Good luck not mixing them up! :laugh:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Graves

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
im never a good expert on what certain returns should be but fair to assume that since he is a #10 prospect that they went with one higher guy then multiple lower guys?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
im never a good expert on what certain returns should be but fair to assume that since he is a #10 prospect that they went with one higher guy then multiple lower guys?

You would hope so cause the Escobar deal was basically three lower-level guys. I don't see much of a difference between Kilome and Duran (the main pitching prospect in the Escobar deal) other than one guy being older and a level higher than the other.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Well who knows what was actually discussed and if the Phils or mets talked about a package of other prospects but in terms of value yes, you can go after a guy higher in the system or a fewer low level ones depending on your preference and get similar value both ways.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I wonder what the Phils plan is with all these infielders.

Cabrera can't play SS anymore, right?

Hernandez is their 2B.
Crawford should play short when healthy. I know Cabrera played 3rd last year. Also their bench is lacking. So this gives them better pinch hitting options

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad