Nylander with awesome assist to Mathews

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
I'd say that was all Matthews. Nylander was getting beat and just made a last attempt to put the puck in front. Funny what you leafs fans get so excited about.

While I agree this is a dumb thread let's not pretend only Leafs fans make them.

As for the pass, it's funny how good players always seem to make these kind of plays. Almost like they know if they can get it to the front there is a good chance at a shot. The effort to downplay that is hilarious at best and pathetic are worst.

Reactions: Nifty Willy

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
That was basically just Matthews. Nylander had pretty much nothing to do with that. He was losing a battle behind the net and just poked the puck away. Matthews on the other hand could sense were the puck was going. It's like the puck just finds Matthews. He's scary good in situations like this.

Classic Mulletman.

DR P00P

Feb 28, 2019
Magnificent aldready 34 goals in only 57 games as a center despite battling with injuries whole season. Future 60 goal scorer calling it now

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Magnificent aldready 34 goals in only 57 games as a center despite battling with injuries whole season. Future 60 goal scorer calling it now
If he doesn't continue to battle with injuries. Not saying he will but for the past couple of years it definitely seems to be a trend.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
This thread shows up on the main board as "Nylander with awesome ass..."

aBWVo4u.gif

"Feels like i'm paid .. Nothing at all.. Nothing at all.."

Reactions: Soggy Biscuit

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Nice work by Nylander but that was not a pass he meant to make to AM. He just through it out front, great work but lucky that someone converted on a puck floating around in the slot

Mar 14, 2015
That was basically just Matthews. Nylander had pretty much nothing to do with that. He was losing a battle behind the net and just poked the puck away. Matthews on the other hand could sense were the puck was going. It's like the puck just finds Matthews. He's scary good in situations like this.
Classic Mulletman.

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
With his two point effort he is also closing in on the top 40 in scoring. Chasing down Giordano and Zibanjad. Kid is amazing.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
Nice work by Nylander but that was not a pass he meant to make to AM. He just through it out front, great work but lucky that someone converted on a puck floating around in the slot
Yrah, 8ts a cool goal. Not super impressive though. He was just trying to get the puck in front, not really a pass to matthews. Great effort.

Reactions: FanSince72

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Lmao there are times when trolls on the main board are very good at hiding they are trolling, but then there's posts like these that just give the shtick away. Thanks for the laugh though

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
Possible. But look at the entire play where Nylander starts out by scating the puck up ice, finds Mathews with a good attempt and then tries to get to the rebound. Battles for the puck and then finds AM again. This time it ends up in net. My feeling is he tries to see where AM is at all times. More likely it will result in a goal that way.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
It's nice work by Nylander but I wouldn't say it's so great that a whole thread should be started over it.

Or maybe it is because it is Nylander after all and we normally don't see this type of effort out of the guy.
Nothing wrong with a bit of nuance.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Good goal but there are comparable ones in most games. It's not really thread-worthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad