Value of: Nylander (TOR) for a Dman

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Have any Leaf fans ever liked a proposed trade? Holy over valuing your players Batman!
Myers for 1st+ was pretty widely accepted.
Tanev for 1st++ was ok'd by some, some worry about his injuries.

Do we over rate Nylander? Not sure...how would fans of another team rate a 22 year old back to back 60+ point player? One that can play center? How do Bruins fans rate Pasta? How about Canes fans with Aho?

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Myers for 1st+ was pretty widely accepted.
Tanev for 1st++ was ok'd by some, some worry about his injuries.

Do we over rate Nylander? Not sure...how would fans of another team rate a 22 year old back to back 60+ point player? One that can play center? How do Bruins fans rate Pasta? How about Canes fans with Aho?

Compared to Nylander? Significantly higher, courtesy of 70 and 80 points seasons (a couple notches better than 61 + 61... And in 6 LESS total games), back to back 30+ goals seasons (vs 22 and 20) and 20 points in 12 playoffs games in 17/18 (vs 4 in 7 games), which was good for leading the Bruins (vs tied for 4th on the Leafs).
Pasta clearly separated himself from Nylander.

Reactions: The S5

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Compared to Nylander? Significantly higher, courtesy of 70 and 80 points seasons (a couple notches better than 61 + 61... And in 6 LESS total games), back to back 30+ goals seasons (vs 22 and 20) and 20 points in 12 playoffs games in 17/18 (vs 4 in 7 games), which was good for leading the Bruins (vs tied for 4th on the Leafs).
Dude, not everything needs to become a pissing contest, my point was, fans of all teams rate their young players highly.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Didn't you ask the question?
Yes, i said how do the Bruins fans value Pasta...and the Canes Aho, i DID NOT however ask how they compared them to Nylander...thus making the point that fans of all teams value their young players highly....which you quickly validated by completely missing the point and came in guns blazing about how much better your young player is.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Yes, i said how do the Bruins fans value Pasta...and the Canes Aho, i DID NOT however ask how they compared them to Nylander...thus making the point that fans of all teams value their young players highly....which you quickly validated by completely missing the point and came in guns blazing about how much better your young player is.
So I answered YOUR DIRECT question and put it in comparison with the player this thread is about, so as to not go OT and tie it in with the discussion. And you are complaining about that. Hmmmm

Reactions: The S5

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017

Pasta also played parts of four seasons (compared to Nylander's two and change) and gets the privelage of playing with veterans Marchand and Bergeron who are established world class talents. As good as Pasta is on his own there is no denying whatsoever that he's enjoying a gravy deployment that helps pad his stats. Put Nylander on that line and he'd have 80pts too.

Reactions: kindalaidback

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I would do Nylander+ for Parayko or Hamilton.

Hamilton is more likely since Calgary needs a RHS winger.

Optimally, I'd like to trade Nylander+Gardiner for Hamilton and Jankowski. This fills our two biggest holes while trading from our deepest positions.
I agree with @Brock Radunske.

Glad you're not the Leafs GM. What a terrible offer. Forget Nylander for Hamilton (more offensive than defensive)...but then you want to throw in Gardiner and balance that deal with Janko? :facepalm: Surely you can do better. I get Nylander is born in Calgary and he shoots right and you'd love him on the team but make a fair proposal. Janko had a decent first year, he's got some size but you can keep him.

I think most Leafs fans will agree, our defense isn't the greatest and it can definitely be improved BUT not at that ridiculous cost. Willy & Gardiner for THAT??

Gross is right.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I'm just going to leave this list here; ELC production prior to long term extensions with Pastrnak as the comparable.

CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

ELC-contract-comparables.png

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
So I answered YOUR DIRECT question and put it in comparison with the player this thread is about, so as to not go OT and tie it in with the discussion. And you are complaining about that. Hmmmm
The question was basically "do fans of other teams value their young players highly"....the simple answer was yes. You decided to add the comparison so you could double fist punch that spoked B on your chest.

Again...and for what i hope is the last time, my point was that not only do Leafs fans value/over rate their young players highly....every fan of every team does.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I'm just going to leave this list here; ELC production prior to long term extensions with Pastrnak as the comparable.

CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

ELC-contract-comparables.png

Sooo, just for the hell of it.

If you go at 8.0% of a roughly $78,000,000 cap, Nylander would be about $6,240,000/year (Ehlers comparable, which I think is probably the closest)
If you go at 8.5% of a roughly $78,000,000 cap, Nylander would be about $6,630,000/year
If you go at 9.0% of a roughly $78,000,000 cap, Nylander would be about $7,020,000/year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad