Nylander or Laine, which would you add to your team moving forward?

Nylander or Laine, which would you add to your team moving forward?

• Leafs fan taking Nylander

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leafs fan taking neither...

• Jets fan taking neither...

• Swedish fan taking Nylander

• Swedish fan taking neither...

• Finnish fan taking neither...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Meh. It’s still close. People base their decisions far too much on short term success. When Laine bounces back again the herd will support him again.
I just can't understand why he's become lazy. I think they're pretty even in terms of talent, and they are streaky players but it's somewhat alarming watching Laine play. I don't think it's something crippling, just a glaring issue at the moment.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I just can't understand why he's become lazy. I think they're pretty even in terms of talent, and they are streaky players but it's somewhat alarming watching Laine play. I don't think it's something crippling, just a glaring issue at the moment.
Agreed. But I tend to see this as growing pains. He’s still very young and has too much skill. People wrote off Eichel as well based on some struggles. I tend to look at the long term.

Reactions: Greasy Armadillo

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
unfortunately it looks like Leafs fans were right all along. and right about Marner being better than Laine. We'll see if Nylander vs Laine ends up similarly
Nope. Some Leaf fans are jumping the gun and declaring a winner based on the short term. It’s far too early. Just like they did when writing off Eichel and look at how that one turned out. Same with MacKinnon etc.
There will always be short sighted fans who jump on and off bandwagons. But those of us who have watched hockey longer understand that player development is not linear.
Patience grasshopper.

Reactions: Snowman

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Nope. Some Leaf fans are jumping the gun and declaring a winner based on the short term. Just like they did when writing off Eichel.
There will always be short sighted fans who jump on and off bandwagons. But those of us who have watched hockey longer understand that player development is not linear.
Patience grasshopper.
but again, this doesn't apply to Nylander possibly closing the gap on Laine

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
but again, this doesn't apply to Nylander possibly closing the gap on Laine
Sure. Anything is theoretically possible.
But given the skill gap it’s highly unlikely. Laine is just a much better player than Nylander.
I mean Ehlers who is a good comparable to Nylander could theoretically end up better than Matthews too. Just highly unlikely.
Matthews and Laine have been very close their first few years. I expect that to continue.

Reactions: Snowman

tomi2

Mar 1, 2007
But given the skill gap it’s highly unlikely. Laine is just a much better player than Nylander.
I mean Ehlers could theoretically end up better than Matthews too. Just highly unlikely.
Matthews and Laine have been very close their first few years. I expect that to continue.

I agree that they were somewhat close the first couple of years but even I as a pretty big Laine homer must admit that Matthews is comfortably ahead at the moment. Laine has a lot of work to do if he wants to catch up Matthews. Laine's still really young though and I still expect him to become the elite player he can be.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
Ridiculous poll. And does it really need to be broken down with so many options? What does that really prove?

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I agree that they were somewhat close the first couple of years but even I as a pretty big Laine homer must admit that Matthews is comfortably ahead at the moment. Laine has a lot of work to do if he wants to catch up Matthews. Laine's still really young though and I still expect him to become the elite player he can be.
Agreed. There’s no guarantees. But look at all of the young skilled players who have been written off after struggling for part of a season. MacKinnon, Eichel, Barzal, Etc. Some players just take longer to figure it out after having that initial success.

Reactions: tomi2 and Snowman

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
I would take anyone over Nylander so an easy choice. Money hungry diva who is medicore at best, never found his father very likeable either so guess that explain things.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I mean Ehlers who is a good comparable to Nylander could theoretically end up better than Matthews too. Just highly unlikely.

GP and goal scoring rate has been the only things keeping them close.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Agreed. There’s no guarantees. But look at all of the young skilled players who have been written off after struggling for part of a season. MacKinnon, Eichel, Barzal, Etc. Some players just take longer to figure it out after having that initial success.

Like Nylander?

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Personally I would take Laine due to ceiling. Winnipeg is actually lucky he's a bit off so far. May give them a chance to get him on a good contract. If he was doing what Marner is in year three his contract shoots to a whole different stratosphere.

sadpanda

May 19, 2016
Stockholm
Need options for combinations of Finnish Leafs Fan/Swedish Jets Fan...etc. Just doesn't cover all the bases. Back to the drawing board.

Finnish Leafs Fan taking Nylander
Finnish Leafs Fan taking Laine
Finnish Leafs Fan taking neither
Finnish Jets Fan taking Nylander
Finnish Jets Fan taking Laine
Finnish Jets Fan taking neither
Swedish Jets Fan taking Nylander
Swedish Jets Fan taking Laine
Swedish Jets Fan taking neither
Swedish Leafs Fan taking Nylander
Swedish Leafs Fan taking Laine
Swedish Leafs Fan taking neither

Could you make some more for me? Swedish speaking finn living in Sweden neutral fan taking Laine?

Think I messed it up sorry

Nervousbreakdown

Jul 3, 2017
I think its pretty unlikely that anyone would be starting a team and taking Nylander as their first choice, though if we are doing a 31 team redraft of all players who are currently property of an NHL team he probably goes in the second round, no shame in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad