Rumor: Nylander like Matthews unextended. Nothing to see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I think Wild need a centre at this point, no need at wing

I'd be surprised if the Blue were going for this aggressive of a turn around

Wouldn't be enough for me, I would need a better return.
Fair enough. I thought Necas-Pesce sounded fair. Didn’t realize Necas had 70 points last year.

Jarvis + Pesce intrigues me if the FA class was a lot better

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
How much better and from who ?

Ya, I would have taken that package for Nylander.

The Dubois trade is silly, Vilardi may end up being the best player from the trade.

We're gonna trade him and we're gonna regret it. It should be Marner but that will never happen unfortunately.

If Nylander is making close to Marner, do you still want Nylander? Because it seems his next contract may be around that.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Fair enough. I thought Necas-Pesce sounded fair. Didn’t realize Necas had 70 points last year.

Jarvis + Pesce intrigues me if the FA class was a lot better

Yes - the issue is that Necas had 40ish point every season prior so I don't know if it's a break out season or a fluke.

Nylander has a longer track record of being a productive player.

Reactions: Tony Romo

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Nylander was always going to be the odd man out, he wasn't anointed Leaf royalty since day 1. The organization is incapable of making anything but easy decisions.
I would say the taking shifts off and shying away from contact in the playoffs so noticeably last year really did not endear himself to someone like Shanahan.

leafan11

Feb 13, 2010
This shouldn’t be a hard deal at all, it’s 9 ish by 8 , take it or leave it.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I'd rather willy at 9 mil (reported ask) than marner potentially wanting 12 mil..... Shouldn't be hard who to trade..
I would rather have the greatest retrun for the player with the most value.

Why would teams offer tons of great players and assets for Marner?

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
I would rather have the greatest retrun for the player with the most value.

Why would teams offer tons of great players and assets for Marner?
I suppose that makes sense..
We don't actually know what anyone is willing to give for either or. If Willie did give us the best return, it makes giving marner 12 more tolerable.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I suppose that makes sense..
We don't actually know what anyone is willing to give for either or. If Willie did give us the best return, it makes giving marner 12 more tolerable.
It's not really the point. Fans would rather see Marner traded but he goes for 10.9 million. Willy goes for 6.9 million this season. Yeah i would rather have everyone, but there's a salary cap.

Just to add. Other GMs are not going to help TOR get out of their contract issues by accepting Marner's contract.

Reactions: sittler rules!!!

Osmows OReilly

Jun 26, 2022
If Nylander is making close to Marner, do you still want Nylander? Because it seems his next contract may be around that.
Isn't his rumor asking price 8-9.5 million? That's less than Marner's current contract. Marner is gonna want a raise so we're looking at least 11 million for him. If you're asking me to pay one of the two I take Nylander any day.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
It's not really the point. Fans would rather see Marner traded but he goes for 10.9 million. Willy goes for 6.9 million this season. Yeah i would rather have everyone, but there's a salary cap.
Point is to keep best team possible on-top of having flexible cap space. End of the day, if trading Willie makes us better, I'll eat crow, but I'd personally rather keep Nylander over marner , if both players returned similar packages.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Honestly, I'm excited.

This team has never sold a high end talent in his prime in the 25 years I've been a fan. It seems every other team sells a guy in this situation and gets an amazing return for him.

Remember which team your a fan of
I'm sure we can **** it up somehow

How this team has so many fans always amazes me

Reactions: TheGreenTBer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad