Speculation: Nylander, I'm calling you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If anything I think it's the opposite. Nylander plays at his worst during low pressure regular season games more do than high pressure ones. It's when the stakes are off he can go more on autopilot and look more for the easy offensive opportunities
Can’t get worse than the snow shower on McDonagh down a goal with under 4 mins left in the season

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
If anything I think it's the opposite. Nylander plays at his worst during low pressure regular season games more do than high pressure ones. It's when the stakes are off he can go more on autopilot and look more for the easy offensive opportunities
Again, hope you are correct but squirrels die on roads because DNA tells them to zig zag, not get off the road, pressure = DNA response.
Suddenly WN having a season if his life, reaching for stardom begins to play like an ordinary guy, gives into to the pressure.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Can’t get worse than the snow shower on McDonagh down a goal with under 4 mins left in the season

I definitely don't think anyone should be happy with how he's playing these last few games. But I don't think it's going to be indicative of how he is in game 1. Imo most of the team (though not all) have been coasting the last week or so of games

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I definitely don't think anyone should be happy with how he's playing these last few games. But I don't think it's going to be indicative of how he is in game 1. Imo most of the team (though not all) have been coasting the last week or so of games
I think the Leafs are more concerned about games 5-7

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
it's one the biggest traits of the weak.

it's one thing to not be able to scroll past posts, and actually need to use the ignore.

it's a whole other level of weakness to actually brag about using the ignore.
I don't get the ignore feature.

Even if I disagree with someone, everyone will have something usefull or relevent to say once in awhile.

Also a huge issue in today's world. Believe with 100% conviction that your opinion is correct and refuse to listen to anothers.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Another indifferent game from him. Something isn’t right with him since the TDL. Hope he finds his game for the playoffs.

These games mean literally nothing you aren't going to put your best effort into a game that is a glorified pre season game

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
we can bitch about willy all day until he - again - is our best f***ing forward in the playoffs.

Mitch's season has certianly turned me...... but as with everything - let's see what he does in R1. And hopefully R2 and R3..................

Reactions: CelticDruid

DarenX

Sep 21, 2019
I'm not worried about willy. I was one of his biggest critics, this year has been fine. He still has some games where he is floating but so do most of our stars.

The lack of points do not concern me, although I was a bit concerned since he seemed to lack effort in some games since the tdl, he has been buzzing most games just not burying it.

The fact this was not a contract year has given me faith in willy, we all know what he is capable of and I think it was just a growing up thing for him.

Reactions: Menzinger

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Changed to Ror as C. Got at least arms lenght away from Tavares. Now Nylander just need longer arms...
selfiearmfeat.jpg

Ps 10 shots is crazy.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
we can bitch about willy all day until he - again - is our best f***ing forward in the playoffs.

Mitch's season has certianly turned me...... but as with everything - let's see what he does in R1. And hopefully R2 and R3..................
Nylander was never the best playoff forward. It is a myth. Great to see you calling for restraint against Willy detractors though. We wouldn't want to see anyone calling him f***ing trash like you regularly did with future hall of fame Marner

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Nylander was never the best playoff forward. It is a myth. Great to see you calling for restraint against Willy detractors though. We wouldn't want to see anyone calling him f***ing trash like you regularly did with future hall of fame Marner
He was better than Marner/Matthews in 2021 vs Habs

Marner was better vs Tampa

Both were pretty even vs CBJ (weird series with not many goals for either side)

Before that marner was better from 2017-2019 playoffs

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Would definitely love to see more of Nylander with Tavares-O’Reilly. It was against a depleted Habs team but they looked good, in part because Nylander decided Hockey Night in Canada was as good a setting as any to put on a show.

Reactions: leafsfan5

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
There is nothing wrong with him, probably for a few of these guys they was the regular season to end so they can just get into the playoffs. I'm sure everyone of them is aware, it's now or never. First round exit is not acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad