News Article: Nylander Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
Nylander revoked by the Toronto Maple Leafs
Published: 2015-01-12 11:55

William Nylander leave MODO Hockey with immediate effect when the Toronto Maple Leafs, who Nylander has contracts with, decided to withdraw the striker. "It is unfortunately beyond our control when the rules of the transitions are written in this way," says MODO Hockey GM Per Svartvadet.

William Nylander has current contract with the NHL club Toronto Maple Leafs, who have chosen to withdraw striker before the deadline for transitions in terms of loan players. Nylander leave MODO Hockey with immediate effect.

- This is unfortunately beyond our control when the rules of the transitions are written in this way, says MODO Hockey GM Per Svartvadet and concludes:

- We are extremely proud and happy that we helped William to the player he now is, which shows that we MODO Hockey is working properly. Of course, we have done what we could to keep him in the organization since it is a skilled player, but this issue is controlled by SHL Agreement. We wish William luck in their future career.

William Nylander played 21 games for MODO Hockey 2014-2015 and accounted for 20 points (8 + 12).

http://www.modohockey.se/artikel/62350/

Last edited by a moderator:

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Well, it's interesting. Don't know if this is best for him but lets find out. Even if he goes down to the Marlies it's probably better for him than what Modo is right now I guess.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I had a feeling they would recall him from loan when Modo fired their coach and looked really bad recently.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I think he is NHL or MODO, not eligible for AHL iirc.

He should be able to play in the AHL, only being drafted out of the CHL has the rule where you have to be 20.

He is eligible to play for the Marlies.

I'm not sure why they revoked the loan agreement to be honest. Leafs are banged up right now but Holland is close to returning I think and we have a few Marlies players for depth. Only thing I can see is that they weren't happy with what was happening with Modo being last in the league and what not.

Nylander could very well play for the Marlies. We'll see.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
He is eligible to play for the Marlies.

I'm not sure why they revoked the loan agreement to be honest. Leafs are banged up right now but Holland is close to returning I think and we have a few Marlies players for depth. Only thing I can see is that they weren't happy with what was happening with Modo being last in the league and what not.

Nylander could very well play for the Marlies. We'll see.

Thank you! I didn't know that!

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Strange decision imo. Nylander was doing really well in the SHL and staying there for a couple more months would not have hurt his development. Perhaps they want to bring him over to evaluate exactly how well his set of skills translates to the NHL on this team. Might impact other decisions regarding other skill players?

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Nylander has moved around quite a bit the last two years, never really sticking with one team for too long. Hopefully he gets settled in here and that's that.

Anyone know the last 18 year old forward to suit up for Toronto?

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Nylander was doing very well for MODO... however MODO are a mess and have been for well over a year.

Anders Forsberg had been awful as a coach for them since day one and is seemingly a big part of why they lost several players at the end of last year who would have really helped them this season... he already looked like he had lost the team at the end of last season and IMO should have been fired then.

I imagine management want to test Nylander in the AHL (where he will excel) and give him more exposure to the North American game before putting him in the lineup for the Leafs to start next year... with possibly a few games at the end of this season for the Leafs.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
from what i understand, MoDO is like the buffalo sabres of the SHL, so maybe its not a bad move to get him out of there. mwe will see whT horachek or the marlies can do with him!

SwedenCanada

Sep 22, 2011
Sweden
from what i understand, MoDO is like the buffalo sabres of the SHL, so maybe its not a bad move to get him out of there. mwe will see whT horachek or the marlies can do with him!

MoDo has been a powerhouse in the way of getting young guys to the NHL. They're the most talented club in producing high quality young players.

The worst part about producing great players, is that they leave for the NHL.

MoDo used to be a contender in the SHL nevertheless, but they got a couple of rough years behind them.

MoDo plays in Örnsköldsvik. A city with 29000 people. This little city is the hometown of: Peter Forsberg, 2x Sedin, Markus Näslund, Anders Hedberg, Niklas Sundström, Victor Hedman.

Calling them the Sabres of the SHL is wrong in my opinion. I see the sabres as a weak orginasation being misshandled. While I see MoDo as a former powerhouse being misshandled, maybe more like the Oilers.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Looks like there was a deadline, so the Leafs are hedging bets they will need him for some reason before this season is over. Replace a traded player at the NHL deadline or just have him available for a call up.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
MoDo has been a powerhouse in the way of getting young guys to the NHL. They're the most talented club in producing high quality young players.

The worst part about producing great players, is that they leave for the NHL.

MoDo used to be a contender in the SHL nevertheless, but they got a couple of rough years behind them.

MoDo plays in Örnsköldsvik. A city with 29000 people. This little city is the hometown of: Peter Forsberg, 2x Sedin, Markus Näslund, Anders Hedberg, Niklas Sundström, Victor Hedman.

Calling them the Sabres of the SHL is wrong in my opinion. I see the sabres as a weak orginasation being misshandled. While I see MoDo as a former powerhouse being misshandled, maybe more like the Oilers.

You could also add a lot of other good players who is not from Ö-vik but who moved there as youngsters and developed into solid players. Like Påhlsson, A Eriksson (D) and Svartvadet.

And you left out Tobias Enström.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Nylander has moved around quite a bit the last two years, never really sticking with one team for too long. Hopefully he gets settled in here and that's that.

Anyone know the last 18 year old forward to suit up for Toronto?

Kadri got one game after being drafted. Emergency call-up if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad