Speculation: Nylander Contract Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
So you’d be ok with trading all 3 if all 3 don’t agree with dubas vision? And then the promises made to JT are broken and he wants out and zach hymannis our best forward. it’s all possible

I think he's taking the piss out of the people who want to trade Nylander because he's not being a "team player" Walshy

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
sure it does but the players couldn't care less about HF

Good thing they don't. It was just a comment on how overpaid players get roasted, part of the fine line that players must navigate when negotiations are active, he's good, I want him signed at a reasonable pay. Usually the market decides such a thing.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
So you’d be ok with trading all 3 if all 3 don’t agree with dubas vision? And then the promises made to JT are broken and he wants out and zach hymannis our best forward. it’s all possible
of course of wouldn't

i just said , Dubas should follow through on his stated belief that the players have to all "buy in" for the team to have success if he actually believes that or he doesn't he should stop with the self promoting crap because it'll just end up making him look like a fool

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
of course of wouldn't

i just said , Dubas should follow through on his stated belief that the players have to all "buy in" for the team to have success , if he actually believes that or he should stop with the self promoting crap because it'll end up making him look like a fool

Yeah my bad I missed the sarcasm

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
50M?
Over his career he will but I doubt this contract will net him that much
Dubas is trying to not overpay, that's why he's being as patient as he is imo
I just hope this thing gets wrapped up in time for him to play the first game of the season
8x6.25 baby!

Honestly if I was a 21 year old athlete, I'd try and sign a benchmark number, locking up as much money as possible, while keeping the team happy.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
i remember Dubas saying he was going to sit down with players individually and explain what's expected of them and his vision for the team and that he wants everyone to buy into his vision

now's the time to stand behind his stated belief that players need to buy in for the team to have success and trade Willie since it's obvious he's not buying into KD's vision and the same goes for Marner and Mathews if they don't buy in

and if doesn't trade the non "buy in" players he should stop with the cliches because he'll just end up making himself look like a fool

why is it cliches if that's what he believes in?
what makes you believe that he won't? (i mean - players have been traded if they don't believe in the philosophies of the team, have they not?)
so why would it make him a fool? how would it make him a fool? What makes you believe - they don't believe in what he's saying? I doubt the conversation ended with "and this is why we'll pay you like super less money."

so why is it self-promoting crap?
especially when a lot of players (unprovoked) stated the same thing (that he talked to them and shared what he'd like to accomplish). so even if Dubas didn't say anything, others have. should they shut up so they don't promote for Dubas so he won't look like a fool?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I've said this elsewhere, but I'd be calling Carolina about a trade for Pesce.

Things would have to be a bloody sight worse than this before I'd make that trade

8x6.25 baby!

Honestly if I was a 21 year old athlete, I'd try and sign a benchmark number, locking up as much money as possible, while keeping the team happy.

That's a low AAV on an 8 year deal, 6 years maybe but not 8

Reactions: Walshy7

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
i remember Dubas saying he was going to sit down with players individually and explain what's expected of them and his vision for the team and that he wants everyone to buy into his vision

now's the time to stand behind his stated belief that players need to buy in for the team to have success and trade Willie since it's obvious he's not buying into KD's vision and the same goes for Marner and Mathews if they don't buy in

and if doesn't trade the non "buy in" players he should stop with the cliches because he'll just end up making himself look like a fool
Not a Dubas basher but I agree his song and dance is getting old.

Reactions: hotpaws

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
This punk can stay home! We don't move our price, no deal by November, trade his ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad