GDT: nyicar

Jun 13, 2010
NC
I find it interesting that in our team's highest offensive output this season, 6 goals, Eric Staal finds a way to be -1 with 0 points. He's been pretty quiet this spring, I'm seriously hoping we trade him will he still has some value.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
It wasn't for lack of effort, he was all over the place (at least for the 2 periods I paid attention to). You also have to consider the matchups that Staal's line creates, which affects all lines.

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
I find it interesting that in our team's highest offensive output this season, 6 goals, Eric Staal finds a way to be -1 with 0 points. He's been pretty quiet this spring, I'm seriously hoping we trade him will he still has some value.

Eric has zero points in the last five games.

Jun 13, 2010
NC
It wasn't for lack of effort, he was all over the place (at least for the 2 periods I paid attention to). You also have to consider the matchups that Staal's line creates, which affects all lines.

Definitely a good point, I'll admit I didn't watch the game unfortunately but this stat just stood out to me in the box score. I've had to miss a fair amount of games this year due to a new work schedule. What I wonder is will his line continue to garner these beneficial matchups in the future? Hard to say, but I think his impact is already on the decline overall. It'd be best for the team to sell high.

However, while reading the CH.com preview of tonight's game I noticed a good Bill Peters quote on the situation. He obviously likes being able to play him 20 minutes a night in most situations, and reminded me that Eric does have a NTC. So even if moving him would be best for the franchise (IMO) it might not be the best move for Eric, so he could just deny any sort of trade. That'd be unfortunate for us, but I suppose he's earned that right.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Definitely a good point, I'll admit I didn't watch the game unfortunately but this stat just stood out to me in the box score. I've had to miss a fair amount of games this year due to a new work schedule. What I wonder is will his line continue to garner these beneficial matchups in the future? Hard to say, but I think his impact is already on the decline overall. It'd be best for the team to sell high.

However, while reading the CH.com preview of tonight's game I noticed a good Bill Peters quote on the situation. He obviously likes being able to play him 20 minutes a night in most situations, and reminded me that Eric does have a NTC. So even if moving him would be best for the franchise (IMO) it might not be the best move for Eric, so he could just deny any sort of trade. That'd be unfortunate for us, but I suppose he's earned that right.

Looks like you've missed a fair amount of HFBoards as well ;)
It's pretty much a given that Eric will wave his NTC. If they do break up, it'll likely be very amicable. I still believe Eric will be here next year regardless of what happens at the TDL.

Jun 13, 2010
NC
Looks like you've missed a fair amount of HFBoards as well ;)
It's pretty much a given that Eric will wave his NTC. If they do break up, it'll likely be very amicable. I still believe Eric will be here next year regardless of what happens at the TDL.

I think he'll be here next year as well. Not easy to uproot your family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad