Confirmed with Link: NYI trade Durandeau to NJ for Tyce Thompson

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
NOOOOOoooOOOooo...fack...but I wonder if the team thinks there's some genetics goin on and hope thais will be as good or better than his brother.....bahh...Sorry Arnaud!

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
NOOOOOoooOOOooo...fack...but I wonder if the team thinks there's some genetics goin on and hope thais will be as good or better than his brother.....bahh...Sorry Arnaud!
He doesn't have his brother's size, at all.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
From what I am reading, he was passed over in the draft twice because he was 5'10 at the time and has since grown to 6'2. Aparently the same thing happened to Tage. The family seems to be a couple of late bloomers.

I think we might have something...

Reactions: sabremike

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
I thought AD was kind of like a swiss army knife player to roll into the 4th line. Speed and good on the PK. I know it's a minor league transaction, but another rhd forward.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
From what I am reading, he was passed over in the draft twice because he was 5'10 at the time and has since grown to 6'2. Aparently the same thing happened to Tage. The family seems to be a couple of late bloomers.

I think we might have something...
They watered Tage a lot more

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
This makes up for taking Bellows over Tage . Fasching will certainly be the next Carter Verhaeghe while Thompson joins Michael Dal Colle in a year or two playing in Transylvania.

This trade will have no impact ever on our chance to win a Cup

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Thompson with a one way deal . Lou sure loves paying players NHL money to play in the A.

Hopefully, this doesn’t mean Dufour is out for a long time .

Reactions: SI90

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Can't explain why Durandeau is off to such a poor start (-7, 4 points in 12 games) or if he perhaps was the one seeking a trade here for some reason, but in essence, we just moved a guy who had 55 points last season for another who had 26.

For both, those were career highs.

Granted, Thompson did have 15 points in 16 games the season before, which was his first pro season.

I think they just felt the organization is not he same without a Thompson around.

This makes up for taking Bellows over Tage . Fasching will certainly be the next Carter Verhaeghe while Thompson joins Michael Dal Colle in a year or two playing in Transylvania.

This trade will have no impact ever on our chance to win a Cup

He's playing for last place Iserlohn in the DEL!

Let's not get carried away here... ;)

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
According to Elliot, there was a top 10 team that was offered Tage for a 5th rounder the year before his breakout year..that team turned it down and from what I understand, that management is kicking themselves hard. I am pretty sure the Isles was that team, but I can't remember if we were top 10 that year.

Reactions: Arsenalogist24

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Serious question...

What is the point of this deal?

I figure it’s Lou letting us know he is alive and tirelessly working the phones to improve this team although it seems like a deal Charles Wangs chubby kid could have made with a Smart Beep and a dime for the pay phone

• Haha
Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
AHL numbers do not instill much faith. Durandeau was a spark plug. We need a regime change very badly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad