Proposal: NYI / OTT (JGP)

davinhimself

Nov 9, 2009
Queens, NY
NYI will be missing Cizikas for awhile and would have been a fit for JGP even before the injury.

To NYI:
JG Pageau

To OTT:
NYI 2020 1st
NYI 20202nd
S. Aho or P. Wotherspoon
A. Ladd

Ladd has $5.5Mcap hit for 3 more years but only $4M in yearly cash. Can help OTT hit the floor while paying less. NYI gets cap relief and a great 3C for a playoff run (and a much better chance to re-sign JGP in FA if they wish).

davinhimself

Nov 9, 2009
Queens, NY
Even if the Sens would accept this, Ladd won’t waive his NMC ( if he still has one)

I believe he has a no movement clause through the end of this year. But he is playing in the AHL and I would think he would prefer the NHL lifestyle if he’s still lacing them up. Could be wrong though.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Sens won't have a problem hitting the floor, and hopefully (fan pipedream?) will be looking to use that cap space to compete before Ladd's contract is up.

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland
NYI will be missing Cizikas for awhile and would have been a fit for JGP even before the injury.

To NYI:
JG Pageau

To OTT:
NYI 2020 1st
NYI 20202nd
S. Aho or P. Wotherspoon
A. Ladd

Ladd has $5.5Mcap hit for 3 more years but only $4M in yearly cash. Can help OTT hit the floor while paying less. NYI gets cap relief and a great 3C for a playoff run (and a much better chance to re-sign JGP in FA if they wish).
No way.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Even if the Sens would accept this, Ladd won’t waive his NMC ( if he still has one)

Ladd's NMC turned to a NTC last summer so if he doesn't want a trade Islanders could work out a deal with the Sens where they place him on waivers and the Sens pick him up

Reactions: davinhimself

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
On a side note one of the few ways I could see the Islanders getting rid of Ladd's contract would be on July 2 after they give him his 3M bonus and he has 9M left on his deal in actual salary, turning around and trading for somebody like Bobby Ryan(who I believe is injured right now)

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
On a side note one of the few ways I could see the Islanders getting rid of Ladd's contract would be on July 2 after they give him his 3M bonus and he has 9M left on his deal in actual salary, turning around and trading for somebody like Bobby Ryan(who I believe is injured right now)

He is in the players assistance program.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
A more realistic proposal would be:

Pageau
Boedker (UFA)
Anisimov (1 Years Remaining)

Ladd (3 Years Remaining)
2020 1st (Ladd contract sweetener)
2021 1st (Ladd contract sweetener)
2020 2nd (Pageau Return)
2021 3rd (Pageau Return)
B Prospect (Pageau Return)

It is pretty well established that 1 year large cap dump with cash = One 1st Round Pick (See Marleau). Except with that, there was more than one team in on it. There will be almost no

Ladd is owed 3 more years. Anisimov/Boedker cancel out one of those 3 years, leaving us with two years.

Islanders would obviously not pay that price, which is why the contract will never get dumped.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
No trade here to be made, unfortunately. As much as I'd like to have Pageau for the stretch run it'd cost the Isles too much. Cupboard is pretty bare prospect-wise. With Czikas injured for 3-4 weeks (but not the rest of the season, which was initially feared) the Isles will probably use a 3rd rounder (or 2nd rounder next year) to get whatever they can to bridge the gap.

The Isles really need to make a "hockey trade" for a player with term. That's the only way I can see Lou doing anything.

I think he's going to stand pat, personally. I don't agree with it but I'd be the first one shaking my fist at the clouds if we give up a first for a rental.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

To NYI:
JG Pageau

To OTT:
NYI 2020 1st
NYI 20202nd
S. Aho or P. Wotherspoon
A. Ladd

Zero interest in moving a first to rent Pags. Even less interest in having the isles overpay him this summer.

Cizikas is out 3-4 weeks. Not the rest of the season.

If the isles didn't panic and make a desperate trade after losing top pairing D Pelech,I doubt they panic because Cizikas is out 3-4 weeks. Bardreau looked solid in his brief call up early this season. He has been called up again.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Pageau
Boedker (UFA)

Ladd (3 Years Remaining)
2020 2nd (Pageau Return)
2021 3rd (Pageau Return)

It is pretty well established that 1 year large cap dump with cash = One 1st Round Pick (See Marleau). Except with that, there was more than one team in on it. There will be almost no

Ladd is owed 3 more years. Anisimov/Boedker cancel out one of those 3 years, leaving us with two years.

Islanders would obviously not pay that price, which is why the contract will never get dumped.

Art Staple reported a few days ago the isles are willing to take on a bad rental contract. If it come with a sweetener or the player helps this seasons playoff push.

Isles owners are spending $.I doubt you will see them move multiple 1sts or top youngsters to dump Ladd.

benedictTavares

JT's PJ's'
Jan 15, 2013
Scottsdale

Pageau
Boedker (UFA)

Ladd (3 Years Remaining)
2020 2nd (Pageau Return)
2021 3rd (Pageau Return)

Forget Ladd

2020 2nd (Pageau Return)
2021 3rd (Pageau Return)

Sign me up

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Islanders fans who don't want to give up a first and Ladd's contract for Pageau are crazy. I don't believe a trade like this would happen, but I don't care if Pageau is a rental or not, dumping Ladd's contract is just a bonus for Pageau rental and absolutely worth a first.

I'd pull the trigger on this in a heartbeat. Sens probably won't though....

Reactions: The Real JT

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Is this as a rental or signed? I can’t see the Isles moving out a lot for a rental.

Shot of Bailey

Apr 9, 2013
PEI, Canada
There is no way Pageau is worth a 1st. If we are moving our 1st and/or prospects it will be for a top 6 forward with term. Not a 3rd line rental. Pageau is a valuable player within the role that he plays, but it's not what the Islanders need for that price tag. A 2nd round pick with a small add is what Ott will end up with. Any team that parts with more will feel like they have been pulled out back in a dark ally and beat to a pulp.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Leave Ladd out of it, it's not realistic from a sens perspective.

To Ottawa: NYI 1st 2020 + Aho/Wotherspoon
To Isles: JG Pageau

To Ottawa: NYI 2nd 2020 + NYI 2nd 2021 + Aho/Wotherspoon

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

Shot of Bailey

Apr 9, 2013
PEI, Canada
Leave Ladd out of it, it's not realistic from a sens perspective.

To Ottawa: NYI 1st 2020 + Aho/Wotherspoon

To Ottawa: NYI 2nd 2020 + NYI 2nd 2021 + Aho/Wotherspoon
1st offer, no thanks. 2nd offer, remove the 2021 pick and you would be very close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad