Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Isles Sign Anthony Beauvillier 3 Years ($4.15M AAV)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Little high, hope he still has more potential, but good player, huge in the playoffs at times. If he wasn't so streaky he would be an incredible player.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I like him a lot but surprised its that high. Would have thought he'd get ~3m yr 1, ~3.5m yr 2, and ~4.25m yr 3, and that's probably being a bit generous.

Either way, if that's what it takes, it will probably be worth it... he's a good player. Just thought they would get it done for a bit less.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Not a bad deal for a very good player, who happens also to be Mat Barzal's close friend even before they were Islanders. Along with his scoring, he's a high-energy, high-character guy who contributes to NYI's culture.

I continue to wonder what 'agreed to, but not filed' means in a way that fails to violate the spirit of the rules. Other NYI fans say they are sure they do, but I am not one of them.

Reactions: Olliemets

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Near 50 points the last 2 seasons based on an 82 game schedule. I think anytime you lock up potential 50 points for around 4 million should be considered a good deal. Beauvillier is a little streaky but if he finds consistency, this should be a really good deal in years 2 & 3, especially if he continues to produce and come up big in the playoffs.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
He's currently 24 and has a June birthday, meaning he'll be 27 in July when this contract expires.

So yeah, checks out, he'll be an UFA at the end of this deal. Not ideal.
Lou will extend him if he likes what he sees the next few years. AB, is close to busting out. Would like to see him sprinkled in with Barzal a few games here and there..Kid has shown glimpses of being a game breaker come playoff time. Old man Lou is watching

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
If true, that leaves 5.3 million for Sorokin and potentially Palmieri, yes?

I think the two of them will cost 8.5-9MAAV. Which, given other reasonable assumptions (Parise deal comes in at 1M AAV), leaves NYI around 3M over the cap less 6M LTIR from Boychuk. That also asssumes that Hickey and Komorov are buried. There is potentially up to 4MAAV available to acquire to pay a a new LD without shedding salary.

Lee-Barzal-Palmieri
Beauvillier-Nelson-Bailey
Parise-Pageau-Wahlstrom
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Zajac
R Johnston/Komorov go through waivers for injury replacements

Pelech-Pulock
Aho/Salo/Bolduc/Acquisition???-Mayfield
Greene-Dobson
Other of Aho/Salo/Bolduc, etc.

Varlamov
Sorokin

Last edited:
Reactions: Ignite111

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Near 50 points the last 2 seasons based on an 82 game schedule. I think anytime you lock up potential 50 points for around 4 million should be considered a good deal. Beauvillier is a little streaky but if he finds consistency, this should be a really good deal in years 2 & 3, especially if he continues to produce and come up big in the playoffs.

Still very inconsistent. He was already coming off his show me contract ($2 m+). I would have preferred more term.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad