Proposal: NYI-DET

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Would you have said Tatar would get back a 1st, 2nd and 3rd when he got traded? Non rentals go for more than you think. Nick Jensen got a second and a B prospect last deadline as a UFA so I doubt Athanasiou only got that. If thats all that was offered the wings would just hold on to him I'm sure.

Tatar's resume was a lot better than AA at the sign of trade and was contracted for the following 2 years. It's a little different when you may own the rights but you have to sign that player whose coming off the worst season of his career (obviously there's a lot more to the season left but his pacing is terrible) and is arbitration eligible.

We can agree to disagree, though I do Detroit will wind up taking the best offer available at the TDL or in the offseason. I don't think he's in the long-term plans unless his play picks up and Detroit is willing to go long-term at a deal they find palatable.

On edit: Maybe it's best for Detroit to let him go to arbitration on a one year deal. Arbitrators usually look at comparables for G-A-TP and this down season could work to their advantage. Then they could just see what he could fetch at next years TDL depending on how he and Detroit fare next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad