Confirmed Trade: [NYI/DET] Nick Leddy for Richard Panik (@50%) and 2021 2nd round pick

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
Smart.

Leddy costs a lot in dollars, but he's solid. Detroit can afford to keep him. High salary (7M next season), cut down what the Islanders could ahve gotten for him otherwise.

Detroit can always flip him at the deadline (and possible recoup more than a 2nd) if they can't re-sign him.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Sucks to lose Leddy, but I understand why it needed to happen and happy to get a second out of a player we pretty much had to trade.

Maybe we can bundle this second, the Colorado second and a little extra to trade up to the late first round. Our farm could use a new first round talent.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Why do the Isles do this? Isn't the whole point of moving Leddy to gain cap space?

edit: I get it guys I missed the part about retention

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Smart.

Leddy costs a lot in dollars, but he's solid. Detroit can afford to keep him. High salary (7M next season), cut down what the Islanders could ahve gotten for him otherwise.

Detroit can always flip him at the deadline (and possible recoup more than a 2nd) if they can't re-sign him.
He'll definitely help the young Detroit players produce on ice. They were second to last in goals for. Leddy is going to help them improve that big time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad