Pre-Game Talk: NYI come to town tomorrow night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I'm not sure what poster said it but the Pens haven't been the same since THAT Islanders game and he's right. The Pens aren't grinding *****es down like they used to.

I'm hoping the Pens sack up and remember that nice teams usually don't win championships.

Ian Altenbaugh

May 24, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'll be attending this game as a member of the media. Will be tweeting from the rafters along with the other members of the media (and scouting pigeons).

Should be a good one. Pens always seem to elevate their game against the Isles...or lose their mind....

I agree, the Pens haven't been the same team since that donnybrook a few years back that involved Trevor Gillies revealing the type of person he is (cheap shots, going after goaltenders, etc). They have been a mentally fragile team since then, capable of losing their cool (and control of the game) at seemingly the drop of a hat.

Either way, it'll be entertaining.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Madden doesn't like Rossi? :laugh: First I've heard of that. Maybe we can find some use for these two after all (media feud!).

If you put a "punch my neck rolls" sign on Madden's back, he'll be too busy fighting people off to bother with Rossi's sign.

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I think a little more proof/research is warranted before declaring that particular game signified some change in how the team plays. Plus, grinding *****es down isn't the same as playing with an edge. Grinding *****es down represents Bylsma's jilted philosophy involving everyone playing the same way, foregoing skill for grit in all areas, and blunting our most powerful weapons. No thanks.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Madden doesn't like Rossi? :laugh: First I've heard of that. Maybe we can find some use for these two after all (media feud!).

If you put a "punch my neck rolls" sign on Madden's back, he'll be too busy fighting people off to bother with Rossi's sign.
A week or so ago MM went on a 4-5 min rant on Rossi cutting him down. Was a bit funny.

Ian Altenbaugh

May 24, 2008
Pittsburgh

It was a joke. The media floor is filled with a lot of people who get a long and know eachother. Madden loves to rake people over the coals for good fun. He also loves to talk about the virtues of Diet Rite soda.

For fun, last year I joked to him that I was in the Shaler hall of fame. He didn't find it funny.

gopens66

Hop in the Cordoba, Baby, we're goin' bowlin!
May 25, 2006
Altoona,Pa
So I entered the contest on the Pens site to win a pair of tickets to every home game this season. I didn't win. My sister-in-law's boss did. He gave the tickets for tomorrow's game to her. This is good cause my brother-in-law is a big fan. Now I just need to know what snacks this guy likes and show up at her job with snacks for everybody while wearing my Pens hat. That should work, right?

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
I'm not sure if you guys have heard about the accident that happened on McKnight Rd. yesterday, but it was one of my best friends. He was pronounced dead at the scene. He was a huge Pens fan. The last Pens game that he was able to go to was last season. It was Geno's 50th goal. He was in the background of one of the pics from the Pens website. He posted here a few times but mostly just read.

The next game that he was supposed to go to was tomorrow night.

Attachments

• 527228_818735186436_1143435063_n (1).jpg
    527228_818735186436_1143435063_n (1).jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 41

MichiganWolverines

Big Mac Attack
Jul 3, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Matt Martin is going to make a physical presence in this game. I wonder if the New York Islanders will pull a cowardly move and dress Joe Finley and Eric Boulton. If so, they're going to lose the game badly.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
It was a joke. The media floor is filled with a lot of people who get a long and know eachother. Madden loves to rake people over the coals for good fun. He also loves to talk about the virtues of Diet Rite soda.

For fun, last year I joked to him that I was in the Shaler hall of fame. He didn't find it funny.

Hahah.

Sure.. go ahead and pretend like you're all a bunch of amiable professionals... how am I supposed to convince you to abuse Rossi now? Kill joy. Meantime I have to go find this Madden thing. Sounds like the best piece he's broadcast in ... since i became a Penguins fan before the fire sale.

(Look forward to your updates.)

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
I'm not sure if you guys have heard about the accident that happened on McKnight Rd. yesterday, but it was one of my best friends. He was pronounced dead at the scene. He was a huge Pens fan. The last Pens game that he was able to go to was last season. It was Geno's 50th goal. He was in the background of one of the pics from the Pens website. He posted here a few times but mostly just read.

Just saw this.

Very sorry to hear it JWells. [Hope you're doing all right, considering the circumstances.]

UnderratedBrooks44

Sep 13, 2005
Miranda's house
I'm happy just about every team in the league is at least somewhat exciting to watch these days. It wasn't too long ago I dreaded most Isles, Devils, and Wild games, and back to backs made me want to kill myself.

Ian Altenbaugh

May 24, 2008
Pittsburgh
Hahah.

Sure.. go ahead and pretend like you're all a bunch of amiable professionals... how am I supposed to convince you to abuse Rossi now? Kill joy. Meantime I have to go find this Madden thing. Sounds like the best piece he's broadcast in ... since i became a Penguins fan before the fire sale.

(Look forward to your updates.)

Woah I didn't say anything about professionals. Amiable yes, but lets not get ridiculous....

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
Excited to see Strait. Playing 17 minutes a game for them. God I hate Lovejoy. As a hockey player of course. Seems pretty cool as a person.

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC

Sorry to hear...

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada

My condolences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese