Confirmed Trade: [NYI/COL] A.J. Greer for Kyle Burroughs

Mac Attack

Beefy Legs
Aug 15, 2018
Greer popped into the lineup a few times the last several years. Was never able to stick and got passed by other depth this last year so he was never going to come back up. Plays with a lot of grit and some skill. Needed a change of scenery. Best of luck to him.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Wish A.J. the best...just couldn't quite make the grade at the NHL level but I remember reading some of the work he's done for kids with cancer and it sounds like he's a terrific human being.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I still think AJ Greer can be a good player on a team that doesn't care about skating as much as us. He has good hockey sense, great size and tenacity/grit. Just slow as molasses. Good trade for the Islanders cause AJ still has talent. I have no idea who Burroughs is, but our AHL team does need some depth.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Greer was never going to make it here because he simply doesn't play the way Bednar wants. But he might have a real shot at it with the Islanders given the style they play.

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
AHL lifer for AHL lifer trade.
Greer got his shot, Burroughs still waiting for an opportunity to get into an NHL game.

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
This.

don’t let his criminal assault charge overshadow what a good human he is.

Don't be so hard on him.

Even egotistical immoral leaders of major Western countries have another side of them where they give millions of their own dollars to needy causes all away from the glare of the cameras.

Well, maybe not.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Minor deal.

AVs could have done slightly better, not sure. Moved a player with no future on this team for an AHL DMan to replace the recent exodus at that position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad