Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Andrew Ladd (7 years, $5.500M AAV)

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Virtually the same deal okposo signs that was too much for them and they do this?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Bad deal. Losing Okposo and Nielson and replacing them with Ladd is brutal.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Isles never even discussed a new contract with Okposo. That's telling. He hasn't missed a whole lot of games, but I think his injury history might be a big concern. Detached retinas have a risk of recurring, which at worst could be career threatening, or at best might make a contract uninsurable or prohibitively expensive.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
As bad as the Lucic deal will look in a few years, there better not be a peep from Isles fans after this monstrosity. Brutal term.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
Or he didn't want to stay with the Islanders...

They had to do something to replace him.

Read above. The Islanders did not even offer him a new contract or even try to negotiate with him. It has been stated in numerous places.

I'm not sad to see Okposo go.

islesfan3913

Apr 5, 2011
Orange County, NY
Isles never even discussed a new contract with Okposo. That's telling. He hasn't missed a whole lot of games, but I think his injury history might be a big concern. Detached retinas have a risk of recurring, which at worst could be career threatening, or at best might make a contract uninsurable or prohibitively expensive.

I think it has less to do with the injuries and more to do with the fact that he's an extremely streaky player. He'll have a stretch of five great games where he's on fire and then disappear for 15 games. And he also never developed into the big power forward who uses his body.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
As bad as the Lucic deal will look in a few years, there better not be a peep from Isles fans after this monstrosity. Brutal term.

You do understand that an islander fan could think both will be brutal contracts in a few years. But hey if they only way you could fell better about the deal your own team made is to point out that other GMs make questionable deals too, have fun.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I'm thinking that teams might give extra term to keep the AAV down in order to compete today and fade in the future.

So, if NYI feel their time is now and the next few years, then ok, $5.5M is pretty solid for Ladd. If NYI feel their team's window is over in years 6 and 7 of Ladd's deal, then it's not a big deal having a high cap team during a time when you're tanking/reloading.

GoPuckYourself

Jun 29, 2016
I like Andrew Ladd, I like his type of play but I have to ask why not Okposo? He's 3 years younger and gives you the same type of play, I don't get that but I like Andrew Ladd, he's a solid 2 way player.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
Ladd did the jets a favour by turning down our 6x6 for nyi 5.5x7 .... Thanks Andrew you did us a solid!

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
You do understand that an islander fan could think both will be brutal contracts in a few years. But hey if they only way you could fell better about the deal your own team made is to point out that other GMs make questionable deals too, have fun.

Oiler fans need to tell us how everything we do is horrible and everything they do is incredible. Today the Lucic contract was a brilliant move and the Ladd contract is David Clarkson 2.0.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
I like Andrew Ladd, I like his type of play but I have to ask why not Okposo? He's 3 years younger and gives you the same type of play, I don't get that but I like Andrew Ladd, he's a solid 2 way player.

Okposo is not a solid 2-way player. At all. He's not even defensively competent.

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
Wish Vancouver could have signed Okposo or Ladd instead of Erikson. Around the same money and term

Good signing for the Isles

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Ladd really struggled to come back from sports hernia surgery last year. He has a lot of hard miles on his body and showed it last year. Jets fans really liked Ladd, but would have been horrified with a 7 year term.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00