Value of: NYI 11th or 12th pick + to move to 5-10 range

Rusty8719

Feb 21, 2018
What assets do the NYI have that the teams ahead of them would be willing to take on while being okay moving down a few spots? Is there a team in that range willing to move down? Is a 2nd round pick attached to the 1st enough? Is there a reasonable prospect that would get it done?

I don't think the Islanders trade both picks to move up, and if they did trade both picks it would be for a immediate slam dunk help.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
There's a big difference here between 5-10. Islanders 11, or 12+ could very easily get you the 10th spot with a small add. I'm sure something can be worked out with the Oilers to drop 1 spot down if it makes some sense to them. Going to 5th is much, much different.

Reactions: SI90 and PWJunior

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
What assets do the NYI have that the teams ahead of them would be willing to take on while being okay moving down a few spots? Is there a team in that range willing to move down? Is a 2nd round pick attached to the 1st enough? Is there a reasonable prospect that would get it done?

I don't think the Islanders trade both picks to move up, and if they did trade both picks it would be for a immediate slam dunk help.
12th, nelson, 2nd plus ho sang?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
There's a big difference here between 5-10. Islanders 11, or 12+ could very easily get you the 10th spot with a small add. I'm sure something can be worked out with the Oilers to drop 1 spot down if it makes some sense to them. Going to 5th is much, much different.
Its Snow and Chia.

It'll be 11 and a cap dump for 10th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad