Post-Game Talk: NY Rangers vs Tampa Bay 3/8/18 - 7:30pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
I suspect we're (as in the New York Rangers not our Tampa Bay farm team) going to get killed.

Looking at the traded players so far:

Miller has 2 goals and 3 assists and 2pm in 4 games played for the Lightning so far.
McDonagh has still yet to play.
Nash had 2 goals and an assist in his first three games with Boston and nothing in the last two. I'm wondering if Bruin fans are going to find out how streaky he is.
Holden has 3 assists in 3 games played.
Grabner has given the Devils 6 straight games of pointlessness. I always liked Michael. Take that New Jersey!

Its almost like these players are good and our system is terrible.

Grabner is the only one that really thrived in this system. No team looked for stretch breakaway passes more than us. Grabner fit perfectly. When he is not doing that, he is not that great

also that fact that some geniuses on the main boards coveted Grabner more than Nash is laughable.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Nash started well @Dr Chin Richalds , but he is a streaky player. There are many who said that Grabner was good at AV current system, and most players with speed perform well with it, but outside of speed and PK - Grabner ability and skills is very limited.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
JT with 5 points for TB already.

Also hope they honor Girardi. That would be the right thing to do.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
1) The game is in Tampa. There will be no video for Girardi.

2) Pretty sure the Rangers already honored Girardi anyway.

Okay, let's move on.

94Obsession

Dec 28, 2008
I don't understand why certain Rangers fans are always acting like a bunch of sourpuss' especially these days whenever it comes to ex-players and when they go to other teams. Especially when they were on our team these same people probably supported these same ex-players (in this case JT Miller) more often than not. Return of the Bozo? Really??? Even if the game is in Tampa tonight, JT Miller was a damned good player for us who I at least always noticed on the ice at least and who always was on the receiving end of being jerked around from W to C back to W and line to line and also on the receiving end of being unfairly disciplined or benched by the REAL Bozo, The horrible idiot who just stands behind the bench emotionless all the time while chewing his gum. That's the real Bozo, AV. (i'm not against players being disciplined or benched and am actually a big proponent of that. But only if all the other players gets treated the same way and not singled out by the coach.) Despite getting jerked around and all that though, he still produced.

I hear he couldn't stand playing for AV and absolutely despised and detested playing for him.

Yes, I know about how Miller and his 1 goal in 40 something playoff games, but he wasn't alone in that department either. (Kevin Hayes)

I'm actually happy for JT Miller and Ryan McDonagh and all the other ex-Rangers that have left the team, or got traded over the years more recently. Good for them!!! They (Miller and McDonagh) will be just fine and probably do a lot better now that they're all on a team with much better talent surrounding them. Also, people need to realize that they don't and won't have to be relied upon as much because they won't have to be "the guy" on that team (the Lightning) because, like I said, they'll both be surrounded by better talent.

JT Miller certainly will not have to worry about being jerked around in Tampa or looking over his shoulder to be benched or in the doghouse when he makes a mistake and will not be singled out.

The whole Rangers organization needs a complete xleansing from AV and I personally, like many others, can't wait until this guy is gone after the season.

Other than that, I have personally wanted this rebuild for awhile now (since 2016), as I don't get attached to any of of these players anymore, with the exception of Lundqvist somewhat, and I couldn't care less who goes next of the fan favorites.

Also, even if some didn't like JT Miller or any other ex-Ranger that's on another team now, why is there always such nonsense spewed when it comes to these players that used to be on our team, particularly the ones in more recent years. As if or like they were bad players here or bad Rangers.

People are acting like these guys weren't good or didn't produce here.

I would've liked to see what a lot of these other Rangers fans, that always like to rip these players once they leave, were like when players that were actually worthy of being booed every time they touched the puck, and being torn apart. Players that were actually, you know, actually horrible here, and were horrible Rangers. I'm ralking about the Dark Years and teams from 1997-2004. Those are the kinds of players that deserve to be booed or ripped. Not players who left from the more recent teams after having a really good run during these years, just because it may have ended on a bad note.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don’t be intentionally dense. I really don’t understand why it’s so controversial to think a shutdown defenseman shouldn’t bleed shot attempts against.

Its not controversial to wonder that, but its also dense to ignore that this is the third coach now, third highly respected coach around the league, who has trusted G as an integral part of their D. Not just on the defense, but one of the more trusted defenseman. A different fan-base also seems to like his contribution or are they not entitled to an opinion? Players with better corsi's on that defense like Dotchin and Sustr are widely hated by their fans, so its not like they are happy with the contributions of all defensemen. They only like the play of Hedman, Stralman, Sergachyov and Girardi, a few are also okay with Coburn and Koekkoek.

Matter settled that he's an ECHL player because the shot attempts against column isn't what you'd want it to be?

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Its not controversial to wonder that, but its also dense to ignore that this is the third coach now, third highly respected coach around the league, who has trusted G as an integral part of their D. Not just on the defense, but one of the more trusted defenseman. A different fan-base also seems to like his contribution or are they not entitled to an opinion? Players with better corsi's on that defense like Dotchin and Sustr are widely hated by their fans, so its not like they are happy with the contributions of all defensemen. They only like the play of Hedman, Stralman, Sergachyov and Girardi, a few are also okay with Coburn and Koekkoek.

Matter settled that he's an ECHL player because the shot attempts against column isn't what you'd want it to be?

Coaches can be wrong. Playing Girardi more than Sergachev is mind boggling.

He’s still the worst defensive dman on his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad