Confirmed with Link: NY Rangers sign Marek Hrivik

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Competing with Jensen for the 13th forward spot IMO. Lot of 4th line guys in the mix and I'd guess it goes something like

Grabner/Fast-Gerbe-Jooris
Hrivik
Jensen
Glass
Lindberg (IR)

When Lindberg comes back there will be another evaluation of who's playing well etc.

Also might depend on the cap situation if they even carry 13 forwards

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Really cannot see a way that Glass should be anywhere near this team next season. It's going to be infuriating when he's in the lineup on October 13th.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Hes one of those guys that deserves to be in the NHL but for whatever reason hasnt been given a big enough cup of coffee to show what he can really do. I think he had some injuries and even a sickness at one point when he finally got called up.

I've been rooting for him for a while, but this is his last shot I believe. I hope he pulls it off for his career.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Hes one of those guys that deserves to be in the NHL but for whatever reason hasnt been given a big enough cup of coffee to show what he can really do. I think he had some injuries and even a sickness at one point when he finally got called up.

I've been rooting for him for a while, but this is his last shot I believe. I hope he pulls it off for his career.

Situation reminds me of Dale Weise. I can see Hrivik becoming a serviceable player for another org down the line.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
They did start last season with Glass in the AHL but some poor play by the fourth line gave him an opening.

A quality 4th line will hopefully keep him in the AHL

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY

It's a good signing but I think it's a stretch that Hrivik or Jensen makes the team and if they do that they likely won't make it permanently. When Oscar Lindberg is healthy he goes right back on the roster. Guys like Jooris and Grabner are going to make the team and I don't think AV will take Hrivik over Glass. And then where does Pavel Buchnevich fit in? I don't expect the Rangers to carry more than 13 healthy forwards at one time. If we have injuries (other than Lindberg) Hrivik and Jensen become much stronger possibilities but otherwise I think they'll both start the season in Hartford.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Good to see him get signed. Probably for the league minimum with perhaps a couple of guaranteed call-up if he doesn't make the team to make six figs.

Hrivik is great guy, hope he can steal a spot.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Hrivik can become a group 6 UFA next summer. 25 years old,at least 3 years experience and played less than 80 NHL games. He turns 25 this August. He will have 5 years experience. He has played 4 NHL games.

Same thing with Dylan McIlrath. Dylan has played in 38 games. If he plays in 42 games,group II next summer. Less than 42,group 6.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Happy for him. He was very solid in his cup of coffee.

Hope he makes the team but the problem with a guy like him is his reputation as being decent but not great in one area. It's unfair and he would be better than Glass but it's gonna be tough against all of Glass/Jooris/Gerbe/Grabner/Jensen and even Nieves/Fogarty fighting for one maybe two spots.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Has looked good every opportunity he's gotten. Constantly impresses in preseason, looked good in his cup of coffee last year. I certainly feel he's a capable NHL'er. If we do the right thing and send Glass down, Hrivik should be our 13th/14th F at least until Lindberg returns.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
I really liked what I saw from him last season. Exactly what we need, a home grown forth liner. He should be a brick in this puzzle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad