News Article: NY POST: Why the Bruins, not the Capitals, might be East favorites

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Interesting-I didn't realize they had the best record in the league this part of the season but then I watch them play the games and I just don't see a competitive playoff team but maybe I'm just blind to the flaws of Other teams.

One thing he gets wrong though is the results of a caps/Bruins series. Caps and Holtby own us and I think they win a 7 game series.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I think we critique the **** out of the Bruins cos they're the team we support, but to other fan bases they may be envious of us. Like I've said all season, strap yourself in and enjoy the show, where this Bs train stops, nobody knows ;)

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Interesting-I didn't realize they had the best record in the league this part of the season but then I watch them play the games and I just don't see a competitive playoff team but maybe I'm just blind to the flaws of Other teams.

One thing he gets wrong though is the results of a caps/Bruins series. Caps and Holtby own us and I think they win a 7 game series.

When you look at other teams lineups, all of them have holes. I don't think the cream of the NHL is as good as it was a few years ago.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
best in the east, but played a few more games than TB (3) and washington (2). anaheim better and san jose/nashville close with less GP.

bruins have played quite well, regardless.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
games in october january and march dont matter good or bad... overall team strength matters...

in the playoffs games matter. we have a shot. i wouldnt bet my last dollar though.
it goes to show though that the whole 'trade eriksson to a contender' crowd was a very short sighted opinion. whether we win or not is still up for decesion... but everyone else is in the same boat.

the number of teams i rank above us doesnt number more than 3... and then theres about 10 teams in the same boat as us

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
it's a trap !

:D

...Yeah, umm, no to this sudden crazy optimism. I've always had a lot of confidence the Bruins would find a way to will their way in...but doing much in the playoffs, that's going to be a really tough sell with me.

Yes, if Rask goes positively nuts and the PP performs well, sure. But I don't think things will click to the extreme needed to overcome the defense deficiencies. ...Even with Liles.

I'm hoping to win a series, but losing in the first round wouldn't surprise me in the least.

It's ALL about getting there, to me.

A point + a game moving forward, that's it, that's the goal...keep tacking on.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
...Yeah, umm, no to this sudden crazy optimism. I've always had a lot of confidence the Bruins would find a way to will their way in...but doing much in the playoffs, that's going to be a really tough sell with me.

Yes, if Rask goes positively nuts and the PP performs well, sure. But I don't think things will click to the extreme needed to overcome the defense deficiencies. ...Even with Liles.

I'm hoping to win a series, but losing in the first round wouldn't surprise me in the least.

It's ALL about getting there, to me.

A point + a game moving forward, that's it, that's the goal...keep tacking on.

You pretty much typed what I was going to type here.:laugh:

Full credit to the Bs and Claude and Sweeney for the run that they've been on. I'll never complain. I've enjoyed it and it's raised in me the hope that they can win a series. But to call them the favorites is a stretch with the horrific record at home and the blowout losses against the iron of the league. I

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
You pretty much typed what I was going to type here.:laugh:

Full credit to the Bs and Claude and Sweeney for the run that they've been on. I'll never complain. I've enjoyed it and it's raised in me the hope that they can win a series. But to call them the favorites is a stretch with the horrific record at home and the blowout losses against the iron of the league. I

Thanks man.

All the credit in the world to Clode and the vets for bouncing back after missing last year and insisting on making the playoffs. It was more than a lot of people thought possible.

But there's a lot of champions on this team. I had a feeling it would be a pride thing. And I think management's playoff mantra resonates with the players too.

But there's still work to do. Even after playing great against some top teams, I don't personally hold out much hope against teams like LA and the Ducks. Just such a bad match-up. I'm hoping at least one of those teams sees the Bruins and says "we got those guys" and doesn't show up to play.

But hey, 7 of the last 9 are on the road! Nice. Road ice advantage.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
maxresdefault.jpg

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Based on the road we have to take to the final 4 over Washington, NYI, NYR

I'd say the 3 most Likely teams to represent the East in the Stanley Cup Finals is

1. Washington
2. Tampa
3. Boston

I would rank the Rangers ahead of Boston but they have to play NYI and Washigton in Rounds 1 and 2

Where we will play 2 of these 5 teams to get to the ECF- Tampa, Fla, Det, Pitt, Philly

Tampa is the only team better than us on that list and I think is the only team that could prevent Us from being in the Final 4....Although I really think Tuukka can outplay Bishop even if Tampa outplays us and can win us that series

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad