NWHL’s Boston Pride sold to private owner by league

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
BOSTON — Miles Arnone and a group of investors have purchased the Boston Pride from the National Women’s Hockey League, making it the only club with a private owner.

The NWHL announced the sale of the Pride on Tuesday. The Buffalo Beauts previously were the only team with a private owner until Terry and Kim Pegula sold it back to the league in May.

NWHL's Boston Pride sold to private owner by league - Sportsnet.ca

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I wonder if the NHL will get involved now that the Canadian women's league folded. IIRC he said the NHL wouldn't because the league didn't want to choose between the two. Well, now there's just the one.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Yes, I'm familiar with her story, but tbh I never paid attention to the team she played on. I sort of assumed it was a college team or the national team when she got hurt. I recall a while ago when that other women's professional league folded, but hadn't heard of this one at all. Not meaning it as a slight, just that I was completely unaware of it's existence.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
I briefly played with Miles at MIT and I'm sure he'll do a good job. I like the women's game(I cheer on the BU team) and it's good to have a strong local women's pro team, given that in this region even girls high school hockey teams are commonplace.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Yes, they actually partner with the Bruins (which is rare in this league) and play their home games at Warrior.

I mean, I understand they aren't gonna draw a garden size crowd... but Warrior is not very big at all. At least it's a nice facility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad