Nutivaara, Markus.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
This guy really impresses me everytime I watch him play. He's got 31 points in his last 76 games, 29 at Even Strength. He passes the eye test big time as a Two-way defenseman. The advanced stats love him as well.

I remember watching guys like Slavin and Eklholm they were household names. I see the same thing in him and think this dude could be just as good as those 2. You should give him a watch if you haven't. He flies under the radar big time playing in CBJ and behind Jones and Werenski on the depth chart.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Very underrated, Murray's looking good this season too. Gotta wonder how CBJ isn't doing better when they have such a stacked d-core.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I think Werenski/Jones get the bulk of attention in Columbus but besides that Nuti isn't a guy who is going to stand out with any particular thing. He doesn't have a booming slapshot, isn't extremely physical, doesn't skate like the wind or display an excellent vision but when you watch him play you realize he's pretty good at everything.

I guess if you can call any dman swiss army knife type of player he's just that.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
He and Murray wont wow you but they are both extremely consistant and underrated. They got broken up last game and I think both pairs benefited that they were added to

MrThomas

Oct 31, 2017
Moscow
It seems there are also so many great young defencemen from Finland like this guy called Nutivaara, Ristolainen, Jokiharju, Valimaki, Maatta, Vatanen, Lindell and HEISKANEN!

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Very underrated, Murray's looking good this season too. Gotta wonder how CBJ isn't doing better when they have such a stacked d-core.
It’s a great question since the goalies aren’t letting in a ton of softies either despite both having horrendous GAA’s and SV%’s.

I blame Torts’s system of “Safe is Death.” It really emphasizes the defensemen taking risks. Nutivaara and Murray have been great and both Jones and Werenski are on track for 45+ points, but there have been lots of defensive breakdowns and odd man rushes the other way.

Also offensive output and effort by the forwards has been feast or famine.

Reactions: Viqsi

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Recorded the shift-by-shift of his vs DAL from the 1st period the other night. Looks real good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad