Line Combos: Nutivaara/ Kiersted/ Juulsen/ Connauton/ Stillman

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Yeah, I think it return of Strålman is almost a certain. This team needs his veteran leadership more than ever right now. I also didn't think his play was that bad prior to his demotion.

Reactions: scholl

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
One silver lining here is that other than Ek, this team is fairly deep with NHL calibre talent and relatively healthy right now.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I’m wondering how comfortable Weegar will be transitioning back to the right after playing left side for so long. It may be in our best interest to keep him on the left.

Personally I didn’t think Stralman was an overwhelming negative and would rather him on the 2nd pairing than Yandle or one of the newer guys.

My thoughts are:

Weegar-Gudas
Forsling-Stralman
Yandle-Nutivaara (would also like Juulsen)

I think that gives two top pairs without a really bad weak link that can eat up over 40 minutes a night.
The problem with our defense is half of it being slow, and SLOW, so you almost have to do what you suggest. Your pairs are:

Fast - slow
FAST - Slow
SLOWSLOW - Fast

Do not pair up SLOWSLOW with Slow! (Someone’s idea.)

Reactions: FlaPanthers11

Pigge

Feb 28, 2002
The problem with our defense is half of it being slow, and SLOW, so you almost have to do what you suggest. Your pairs are:

Fast - slow
FAST - Slow
SLOWSLOW - Fast

Do not pair up SLOWSLOW with Slow! (Someone’s idea.)
On the other hand that's what has been done all year and we have been perfectly fine doing it.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
On a positive note, our defense is playing much better this year regardless of changes on a line. The players look to be following the system and meshing with different linemates. We have been lucky to have so many quality new players prior to the Ekbad injury who can just step in and it’s almost seamless. Getting Forsling was huge. Nutti coming back. Juulsen is almost ready to step back in and we have Canouton still on the taxi squad. Zito made some awesome moves to get us deep on D.

JEFFREY87

Oct 9, 2020
Totally missed yesterday’s game w Kiested. What is to be of our deep deep defensive depth?

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Totally missed yesterday’s game w Kiested. What is to be of our deep deep defensive depth?

It's just a good problem to have for once. Juulsen just needs playing time, and he's ok in Syracuse right now on a team with some talented players. Stillman can go back to the ahl too. That leaves 8 solid d-men on the roster. Hopefully 9 after we trade someone, and someone can go to the taxi squad. We'll have a deep black aces group for the playoffs.

Reactions: JEFFREY87

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
It's just a good problem to have for once. Juulsen just needs playing time, and he's ok in Syracuse right now on a team with some talented players. Stillman can go back to the ahl too. That leaves 8 solid d-men on the roster. Hopefully 9 after we trade someone, and someone can go to the taxi squad. We'll have a deep black aces group for the playoffs.
We should keep Stillman around when the playoffs start. We'll need his physicality - he can match Gudas' rough play and his skating is very underrated and better than Gudas'. Too bad he did not score on the 2-on-1 last game

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
We should keep Stillman around when the playoffs start. We'll need his physicality - he can match Gudas' rough play and his skating is very underrated and better than Gudas'. Too bad he did not score on the 2-on-1 last game

I like him too, it's probably better for him in the ahl though if he's not gonna play. Either way he'll be on the black ace squad in the playoffs.

Reactions: austropanther

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad