Recalled/Assigned: Nurse to OHL

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
I disagree solely in the fact that Draisaitl can be hidden a little easier than Nurse could be.

But yeah. Draisaitl just doesn't look ready to compete at this level.

Yeah like that one play where he was trying to hide behind the goalie? :laugh:

They cant hide him at center when RNH is down and that's a risk this year. If they could play him on the wing it would be possible but we have to many wingers and no centers. He probably stays up because we have no other option but for long term development purposes Acton is probably better off taking his shifts.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I can't wait to see him with another 10-15lbs. of muscle added to his frame. He's got tremendous potential.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Good move.

Hopefully he's lined up with newcomer Gustav Bouramann. If the Oilers are keeping tabs on Darnell, hopefully Bouramann catches their attention. The kid's got an impressive skillset and is off to a phenomenal start in the Soo.

As for Nurse, he might get the chance to play in both the WJHC and the Memorial Cup with the way things are looking so far.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Good move.

Hopefully he's lined up with newcomer Gustav Bouramann. If the Oilers are keeping tabs on Darnell, hopefully Bouramann catches their attention. The kid's got an impressive skillset and is off to a phenomenal start in the Soo.

As for Nurse, he might get the chance to play in both the WJHC and the Memorial Cup with the way things are looking so far.

Very good move...glad to see this happen.

Nurse got a little taste of the NHL...enough to know he is not ready.

Now he can grow the parts of his game that needs developing and excel in big time situations like the WJHC.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Should have gone down different but really no choice but to do this.

If Hunt didn't get his chance to fail Nurse might have a real opportunity to grow. Instead he got 2 games where he was shell shocked and no real options but to be sent down after.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Honestly, I would of kept him up, as I am not sure what more he has to learn at the OHL level. Draisaitl though, MUST be sent down. He is too slow and unsure of himself at this level; he will learn nothing up here except how to digress as a player with his 8 minutes a night.

He can work on learning when to go for the big hit and being aware of where his partner and the center are.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Good move.

What a great pick for SSM, a player who's making an impact like him at 49th overall is a steal.

Also, he's a righty.

edit: Import draft that is, 6 teams had passed on their picks by that point.

Last edited:

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I bet Nurse can't wait until the next time he can be apart of all this.

Eakins and MacT: "Well Darnell, we need you to go back to junior to polish your game. If you work hard enough, this, this could all be yours...."

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
First smart move that they have made in weeks.

He should have never been up here in the first place IMO. Clearly not ready for the big show, but I'm confident that he will be next season.

Now, they need to call up Marincin and end this Hunt experiment. I wish that they could end the Nikitin and Ference experiments also, but that's not realistic so Hunt will do in the meantime.

Ideally, they send Draisaitl down too but i'm not so sure that Prince Albert is the best place for his development or Europe on the big ice for that matter so even though he looks a bit out of place at the NHL level, i don't think there's much of a choice in the matter but to keep him the whole season. Plus Yak finally has some chemistry with somebody so no need to disrupt that.

There is nothing wrong with playing Nurse for a couple games. He got his cup of coffee in the league, and now has a taste of the compete level in the NHL. Nurse can now take this experience with him and build his game for the best league in the world

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

Unfortunately they play in the same conference as the Erie McJesus's who are 8-0-1 and putting up 5.4 goals per game. Anything can happen, but I wouldn't put money on the Greyhounds even making the OHL finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad