Post-Game Talk: Nurse Skinned the Oilers

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
People aren’t going to want to hear this…but Campbell would have won the game last night (to be fair, for either team but I mean the Oilers).
Ah...no...lol
If Campbell is a potential solution in any way then this team is f**ked.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Lots of this market was like I dOnT knOw iF yoU cAn UpGraDE CeCI

Like yes you can upgrade Ceci wtf are you talking about he f***in sucks. How hard is it to find a guy that doesn’t f***in suck.

Watched Joel Edmundson for the Leaf’s in the playoffs. He’s f***in better than Ceci. He was acquired at an 825K cap hit (!) for only a 3rd and a 5th.

Joel Edmundson is dogwater but he’s still better than Ceci

So is Stecher, but why bother testing that hypothesis?

Reactions: TheNumber4

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
People aren’t going to want to hear this…but Campbell would have won the game last night (to be fair, for either team but I mean the Oilers).
Pickard would have too. Have no doubt he would have mopped up the 1, and 5 goals.

Alas I don't think we see Pickard unless theres another beachball game and we don't want that...

Reactions: Oilhawks

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Joel Edmundson is dogwater but he’s still better than Ceci

So is Stecher, but why bother testing that hypothesis?

Because Ceci is so well loved in the room that it doesn't matter if we get scored on often with him on ice. The moment certain players advocated for his ass, I knew soft ass Holland wouldn't have the heart to trade him.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Why do certain posters only show up after an embarrassing loss? Its funny how those posters are MIA in wins and only infiltrate these boards with their odious presence after losses. Surely they can't be Oiler fans.
The absolute worst is the posters that pop in claiming to be Oilers fans that repeatedly let us know they bet against the Oilers and made money off that. Thats a special kind of dick posting.

Reactions: TB12

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
It’s funny we win and there is like 10 pages. We lose and we are at 41. Very telling of the fan base in this city. Anyway it’s one bad loss but one game does not a series make. Park it and get ready for tomorrow’s game. I still believe we got this in 6 or 7

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Because Ceci is so well loved in the room that it doesn't matter if we get scored on often with him on ice. The moment certain players advocated for his ass, I knew soft ass Holland wouldn't have the heart to trade him.
Including Captain Connor unfortunately. I've said all along the org shouldn't even pay heed at this point as Connors view of what we need is suspicious at best. he was the biggest backer of Connor Brown.

Reactions: McAsuno

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
It’s funny we win and there is like 10 pages. We lose and we are at 41. Very telling of the fan base in this city. Anyway it’s one bad loss but one game does not a series make. Park it and get ready for tomorrow’s game. I still believe we got this in 6 or 7

I'm so tired of these posts. Telling that some are more interested in slagging the fanbase than actually talking about the game.

It really isn't difficult to understand why venting/breaking down what went wrong/talking about what needs to change in the next game takes up more of a post count than summing up a win.

Balakay14

Sep 17, 2019
For a team that by all metrics was one of, if the not best, 5on5 team during the regular season in terms of generating high quality chances, expected goals, etc., it's concerning to see that they haven't had a 5on5 game like that since game 3 vs LA.

I don't know what it is, if the lines need more a switch-up, or if they're trying to focus so much on defence that they're neutering their offence (a la the Leafs), but it needs to change if they want to progress further. We know this team can be great at out chancing opponents 5on5, so it's very frustrating to see it not happening here.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
For this particular one its also that there hadn't been a game in a week. There were few posts before game. The NHL doesn't seem to realize but fans start having other things to do, and then the games pull them back in and lots of posting. For sure there are those here that only post after losses but its more the controversy of how we lost thats imo getting the posts. It was a very controversial game for number of reasons. I mean its a 3 goal comeback loss. Those tend to get ruminated with any fanbase that has one.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
I think at this point, you have to gamble and give him a start. If not next game, the one after.
Doing this (the status quo) is not going to get you to the finals.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I'm so tired of these posts.

It really isn't difficult to understand why venting/breaking down what went wrong/talking about what needs to change in the next game takes up more of a post count than summing up a win.

Because everything has to be sunshine and rainbows even if our team blows a 3 goal lead and loses in the playoffs. That poster's notorious for being overly positive and whining about anybody making any criticism. He even put me on ignore because I refused to be a Holland apologist like him lol.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
This team does have holes still especially in the top four D spot. But IMO, the biggest weakness this team has is literally themselves mentally. When the Oilers play at their best, they literally play like a cup contending worthy team. More often than not though, this team just really loves shooting themselves in the foot year after year.
They were f***ing rattled mentally after the nucks tied/took the lead in the 3rd. Multiple players falling over the ice, not making a simple pass, bobbling the puck, refusing to shoot it, and looking for somebody to pass to which resulted in turnovers.
As soon as the Canucks tied the game everyone knew what the outcome would be. They played the entire game after they scored the fourth goal with the classic "Play not to lose" mentality that just doesn't work. The coach definitely needs to catch some heat for that game, especially since basically every time Nurse/Ceci jumped over the boards they were hemmed in their own zone.

Reactions: McAsuno

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I'm so tired of these posts. Telling that some are more interested in slagging the fanbase than actually talking about the game.

Theres certainly some posters that slag in this manner. I'm not sure the poster intended that.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
As soon as the Canucks tied the game everyone knew what the outcome would be. They played the entire game after they scored the fourth goal with the classic "Play not to lose" mentality that just doesn't work. The coach definitely needs to catch some heat for that game, especially since basically every time Nurse/Ceci jumped over the boards they were hemmed in their own zone.

Yep, I 100% agree with you. 25/5/74 were shit, but Knob should've shown some assertiveness in the 3rd. Team gets scored on twice to make it a tied game? Call a timeout and wake your team up since they got rattled. Him not switching up the lines was awful too. I get that he wanted the nucks players not to get as much rest when the team had a faceoff in the nucks end after pulling 74, but with the way they were playing offensively in the 3rd, a timeout could've AT LEAST cooked some sort of plan up to tie the game. Knoblauch took part in the loss last night.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I think we could all probably feel it a bit at 4-3 - they killed off that penalty and there were about 7 minutes left, which seemed like it would be the longest 7 minutes ever - and it was !

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

So you are going to sit there and tell me that this fan base doesn’t care more about losses than wins? How long have you been around this board this is not new. People would rather toot their own horns with I told you so posts than actually support the team the supposedly cheer for and if you doubt that just scroll the post game threads during this playoffs and season. People like to whine more than cheer and anyone who has been on HF for as long as I have can vouch for that.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I think at this point, you have to gamble and give him a start. If not next game, the one after.
Doing this (the status quo) is not going to get you to the finals.
it's might be our only chance, hoping Campbell goes on an insane heater

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton

I know watching them with a 4-1 lead I was worried. We didn't deserve it... we weren't even close to deserving it. It was a gift of fortune. My wife was laughing because of me saying this with a 4-1 lead.

I think If I know they don't "have it" that night. They damn well know/knew it as well.

I don't think they changed their game at all. The reality of the game just set in.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
So you are going to sit there and tell me that this fan base doesn’t care more about losses than wins? How long have you been around this board this is not new. People would rather toot their own horns with I told you so posts than actually support the team the supposedly cheer for and if you doubt that just scroll the post game threads during this playoffs and season. People like to whine more than cheer and anyone who has been on HF for as long as I have can vouch for that.

I've been here longer than you, so spare the lecture.

Yes, it's annoying when posters push their agenda. Not what's happening here if you bothered to read the thread instead of looking at the page count and drawing conclusions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad