Post-Game Talk: Nurse Skinned the Oilers

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Do you know something or are you being dramatic?

The word from Knob was that he had cramps and equipment issues (sounds iffy but whatever).

Have I missed a more thorough update on his condition?
I mean i'm just going on the fact for now that he looked like complete crap in the 3rd period. Avoided contact wasn't skating.

Equipment issue seems like bologna. Let's be real

I'll see what I can figure out around 1pm today.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Holland needed more time. It took four years to get Ekholm. We're three years out from a Ceci replacement.

The only issue I would see is that Ken Holland has to deal with the cap management of Ken Holland. Will make it very difficult for Ken Holland to upgrade anything ever again really, aside from depth players. He can blame Ken Holland though.

Man I really hope we are done with Ken Holland.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
He's the dumbest player I've ever seen.

As others have mentioned here already, Nurse in his rookie season was better than this. The identical airhead mistakes still existed, but he played fewer minutes against easier matchups and actually made an impact physically. This is just a total disaster. The identical rookie mistakes are still there, but he gets to do it with more minutes and he's decided he doesn't need to hit anymore either I guess.

Just saw the HockeyStatCards Game Impact score card

Lol the usuals at the bottom

Nurse is the worst. Ceci is stupid; Nurse is not only stupid but lazy too. Regardless of whether we win the cup or not, I seriously hope the Oilers consider moving on from him.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Nurse is the worst. Ceci is stupid; Nurse is not only stupid but lazy too. Regardless of whether we win the cup or not, I seriously hope the Oilers consider moving on from him.

If he is a major contributor to a third consecutive playoff loss I'm not sure you have much of a choice. It probably would be a trade that would be impossible for us to 'win' on paper, but its at the point where almost anyone else with ~top 4 chops would be better if for nothing else a change of scenery.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

4 goals against for that pairing. Simply unacceptable for a pairing that everyone on the planet but the people who matter the most seem to know is bad.

Reactions: McAsuno

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
If he is a major contributor to a third consecutive playoff loss I'm not sure you have much of a choice. It probably would be a trade that would be impossible for us to 'win' on paper, but its at the point where almost anyone else with ~top 4 chops would be better if for nothing else a change of scenery.

Winning that trade would be nice but at this point, he hurts the team more than he helps. Dont even care-it's time to move on from the loser. Like I wrote throughout the season, how tf does a guy almost a decade in still not know how to defend??

The Covid season is the worst thing to happen to this team. It f***ing inflated Nurse, his ego and worth.

Reactions: McAsuno and K1984

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
4 goals against for that pairing. Simply unacceptable for a pairing that everyone on the planet but the people who matter the most seem to know is bad.

I think Knoblauch knows it. He's the first coach to have their minutes approach third pair. I actually think they played the third most minutes of our pairs 5v5 last night or were at least close.

The problem is there is nowhere to hide them. They're that bad. Other teams know this and send their heaviest forechecking line on them and then last night is the result you get.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Watching the highlights again and Ceci hurts my brain.

First goal they lose the draw and he just stands on the left boards for like 15 seconds lol and of course his man scores beside the net.

Second goal is even worse. Giveaway up the boards, glides into the other corner, late to the board battle, chases Nurse's man around the net, runs into the net lol, doesn't tie up a stick, goal.

It still blows me away that they thought they could go into the playoffs with him on the roster.

Mr Condescending in Jason Gregor with another self own.
Not one single peep from any of the oilers media clowns regarding 25 or 5 being defensively horseshit. Absolutely shocking (not).

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Yesterday's game was as freebie as a win as it gets even if we didn't play well.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Mr Condescending in Jason Gregor with another self own.
Not one single peep from any of the oilers media clowns regarding 25 or 5 being defensively horseshit. Absolutely shocking (not).

Colorado knows what they're doing. Maybe we should try doing what they're doing instead of... whatever the hell we're doing.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
He stole a game last round. Maybe the plan of attack should be "Stop getting outplayed every game."

I'm going to say when your team scores 4 goals on 14 shots you need to be better than than guy.

Team absolutely sucked and didn't have a shot for 20 minutes after over a week layoff. You get 4 goals on 14 shots bail your team out once in a while.

As for his shutout last round he was tidy that game no doubt. That's not a steal. La wasn't blitzkreging the net.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Colorado knows what they're doing. Maybe we should try doing what they're doing instead of... whatever the hell we're doing.

That also requires having good management, brother. Ken Holland going into the playoffs without a legit top 6 scoring winger or a top four d man.
25/5 getting lit up against Colorado and VGK especially in the last 2 playoffs? 3rd time has to be a charm, right? - Ken Holland

Reactions: TheNumber4

trick91

Jun 7, 2012
Its very concerning how our 5 on 5 play has been utter trash since game 3 of the LA series. We won game 4 cause Skinner stood on his head, and game 5 because of the PP.

There needs to be some serious lineup adjustments. Put Mcdavid and Drais together if thats what it takes.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Ya, I wanted to check one out in Gariepy, but its pending. There was a nice in in Blackburn that also went pending, another in Bulyea, I think. So we're looking around. Mostly the South, a little in the west end there.
These are more likely to be areas that are overpriced and with overdemand and limited stock available. Again encourage you to check out Millwoods. Good parks, good schools, Great transit and now complete with LRT, and great rec facilities. Millwoods Rec Center has a huge wave pool, 8 sheets of ice, and Meadows Rec center nearby is possibly the best Public rec Center in the province. Also multiple Libraries.

The areas you are citing above are gentrified neighberhoods. You'll pay dearly to live there, have drive home issues due to traffic being inordinate in those areas.

Reactions: Patch101

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'm going to say when your team scores 4 goals on 14 shots you need to be better than than guy.

Team absolutely sucked and didn't have a shot for 20 minutes after over a week layoff. You get 4 goals on 14 shots bail your team out once in a while.

As for his shutout last round he was tidy that game no doubt. That's not a steal. La wasn't blitzkreging the net.
The Oilers have played 6 playoff games so far this year and they've been the better team in about 2 of them. If you're consistently relying on your goalie to steal games maybe you just aren't that good. The Oilers sat back against a team that, unlike LA, can put the puck in the net and paid dearly for it. There was zero killer instinct after the fourth goal as the Oilers played like they assumed they'd win. Imagine if they played that game against the Avalanche. The Avs would've hung 12 on them.

That also requires having good management, brother. Ken Holland going into the playoffs without a legit top 6 scoring winger or a top four d man.
25/5 getting lit up against Colorado and VGK especially in the last 2 playoffs? 3rd time has to be a charm, right? - Ken Holland
Can't help but laugh that none of Holland's amazing deadline acquisitions were in the lineup last night.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Correct me I I’m wrong but did Knoblauch put Ceci-nurse out the immediate shift after the 4-4 goal, and then they got scored on in that shift? That is the last pair I’m putting out when the team is reeling. In fact a time out at 4-4 wouldve been smart.

Also to note, penalties were 3-1 and the oilers only chance was the too many men early. They didn’t do enough to draw penalties, when you go a third of the game without shooting the other team doesn’t make many mistakes. If the series is played like that the oilers are in big, big trouble.
McD was held onto for 5 secs in I think the opening shift of the game. he didn't even have the puck. Several oilers were two hand cross checked including Drai twice after he came back from injury. He didn't have the puck at the time.
Its routine for the Nucks to tug, hold, impede teams on forecheck. They do it so often you must not even be noting it. Yet the Oilers got 3 calls that were slight infractions.

Reactions: Sra1974

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The Oilers have played 6 playoff games so far this year and they've been the better team in about 2 of them. If you're consistently relying on your goalie to steal games maybe you just aren't that good. The Oilers sat back against a team that, unlike LA, can put the puck in the net and paid dearly for it. There was zero killer instinct after the fourth goal as the Oilers played like they assumed they'd win. Imagine if they played that game against the Avalanche. The Avs would've hung 12 on them.

Can't help but laugh that none of Holland's amazing deadline acquisitions were in the lineup last night.

Henrique will obviously draw in next game barring he's good to go. I think Carrick could likely be in as well for the faceoffs since the team aside from McLeod pretty much stunk at the dot last night. I'd rather play Stecher but this team rather plays our two defensive juggerNOTS in Nurse/Ceci lmao. But yeah, I agree brother. I didn't like the fact that Holland didn't pull the trigger on a legit top 6 scoring winger or a top four d man, and as it shows, it hurt the f***ing team. Why? Because we placed Janmark on L1 and Nurse/Ceci being their absolute typical self causing major GA's. Same old shit.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The worst part is Colorado and Sakic tell you exactly what they are doing. “It’s all analytics” Sakic said one time when asked how he acquires players. The numbers said Ceci sucked and Walker would be better (he is). And we ignored it.

Reactions: McAsuno

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
McD was held onto for 5 secs in I think the opening shift of the game. he didn't even have the puck. Several oilers were two hand cross checked including Drai twice after he came back from injury. He didn't have the puck at the time.
Its routine for the Nucks to tug, hold, impede teams on forecheck. They do it so often you must not even be noting it. Yet the Oilers got 3 calls that were slight infractions.

You're talking about this play haha. I can't even complain about the refs as much anymore. It's the same old shit with them especially blowhard Kozari.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023

No one is saying "consistently" steal games. Skinner has never stolen a playoff game. He's been tidy a few times.

When your team gets 4 on a echl goalie you cannot be the worse guy end of the night.

Where is his mental poise when it's 4-3? Of course the team is playing scared knowing he's reverted to his beach ball ways. What happens 2 more goals in a minute and game over.

Skinner Stans make no sense. You think anyone is Boston cares Swayman let in 4? Of course not, he doesn't do this every second game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad