Post-Game Talk: Nurse Skinned the Oilers

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Perry has done f*** all this playoffs. Why did we even bother getting him?
He’s a 4th liner. Should be playing 4th line and producing average 4th line stuff. But on the Oilers he’s 3rd line or top 6 when we experiment cause we don’t have enough top 6 wingers .
Looked like a non-contact back injury midway through the 2nd period. Oilers were up 4-1 and him coming up lame 10 seconds in the shift seemed to spook the whole team. They played like crap right after that.
non contact? Myers buried his forearm into his back.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Perry has done f*** all this playoffs. Why did we even bother getting him?
He's not a good player at all at this point and he's getting worse. First games here he was getting by on adrenaline and excitement. he's been nothing for quite a long time. We missed Henrique in this game, more defensively but also on his first line contributions.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
Even if we stopped playing after up 4-1, you cant let in some of those goals as a 1st goalie on a contending team.

Think it went to easy, so they tried to grind it out.

Sure they will come out flying on friday!

Reactions: soothsayer

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
4 goals on 9 shots once the team went up
4-1

Their 3rd stringer who was garbage tonight still managed to outplay our starter.

Two losses so far in the playoffs, both of them squarely on goaltending.

Reactions: soothsayer

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yeah, this was an infuriating loss. Why did Knoblauch say that they would rotate L1 Janmark but then choose to stick him on McDavid's line the whole entire game. Doesn't call or use his timeout whatsoever after the nucks started getting momentum while the Oilers turtled defensively in the 3rd. I said it before that Nurse and Ceci would be a huge problem for this team's back end in the playoffs, and if the series against Colorado and VGK didn't show that enough, this loss tonight was quite evident even more. And yes, Skinner also stunk. But when this team is sitting back rather than continually attack offensively on Silov, then wtf is this team doing?

Baffling coaching decisions tonight.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He definitely has some playoff games where he’s pretty invisible. Just doesn’t seem to fight through the contact.
If he is.

Skinner - "I thought I played good, saw the puck well, some unlucky bounces, cant win them all"

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This makes Fridays game must win. We win and we have a chance. We lose and I think this one is done in 4 or 5.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
4 goals on 9 shots once the team went up
4-1

Their 3rd stringer who was garbage tonight still managed to outplay our starter.

Two losses so far in the playoffs, both of them squarely on goaltending.
Yeah the Oilers really deserved to win that game.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Carrick likely back in next game I think.

I’d start Skinner but if he lets in even one questionable goal it should be Pickard in right away.

Reactions: rboomercat90

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
What did he say?

“Ya, I thought we had control and then a couple find there way through me, I didn’t see the point shot at all. I’ve got to be better and I’ll learn from this a be better for the next one”?

Was I close?
Don’t listen. It’ll infuriate you.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Eh… not that concerned. This team always ALWAYS seems to need to get slapped around once or twice before they wake up. Frustrating as hell and it’s tough to see how that kind of chronic mental weakness can win a cup, but the reality is that this is their M.O.
Given the fact that Leon might miss some time I'm incredibly concerned. The team completely stopped playing after he got injured. Sitting on this choke job for 2 days after anticipating it for so long f***ing blows too.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
What did he say?

“Ya, I thought we had control and then a couple find there way through me, I didn’t see the point shot at all. I’ve got to be better and I’ll learn from this a be better for the next one”?

Was I close?
Have no idea. I'm asking if he's doing post game. Always the same bull shit "no accountability" answer so expect that. So tired of this up and down nonsense from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad