Post-Game Talk: Nurse Skinned the Oilers

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Oilers were chirping they could hardly wait to get a shot at the Canucks before this started. The 4 regular season means nothing. Well, as the Leafs found out by getting knocked out by Florida after the fans wanted them so badly, careful what you wish for.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Such a kick in the nuts!!! You're up 4-1 and the nucks goalie is rattled and you stop shooting? f*** inexcusable!!! Skinner was garbage tonight and we don't get any pps other than a too many men penalty? So f***ing pissed Oilers blew this game!!! Embarrassing!!!!

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Why would this be even remotely in their heads right now?

I could see it if they played their asses off and lost. But with that effort?
The point being...this season they have not been able to beat the Canucks.
They lost this game with a 3 goal lead and managed to get 1 shot in 3rd period on a goalie that was brutal.
To your point thats not nearly good enough but there is no excuse for that in game 1 of the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Its like they quit. They were soft in the 2nd half of this game.
Vancouver initiated and the Oilers wilted.
That to me is concerning.

Vancouver is not LA.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Perry screened tf out of Skinner on that Zadarov goal. Wtf was he doing lol

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
McD thought we were a little bit too passive holding the lead. Yeh that’s about right.
no-shit-sherlock.gif

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
They had a 3 goal lead, they tried to lock it down and the biggest fraud on the team said not so fast.

Your not winning sub 800 save% never ever

We learnt last year you can’t win needing 6 goals, 4 should get it done
They weren’t even allowing a lot of in close shots through. Then all of a sudden everyone started backing in and giving them room. I think they sensed Skinner was not dialed in and they started over compensating on D. Fell right into the Canucks hands.

Moregoalspls

Nov 24, 2017
McD hasn't shown up in a single game against the Canucks this season. What is his issue performing against this club? He botched several pass receptions 3 that would have been breakaways. His passing was to the Nucks most of the night. At no point did McDavid really bring much of anything. How do you play a game 1 this lacksadaisical? EV, McD hasn't shown up in playoffs yet. WE only got the one PP.
That one breakaway chance, old McDavid always at least gets a shot on net. Very few quick pivots. I can't believe he's not injured

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Zadorov is better than Nurse by a mile. Nurse refuses to play physical when that's about the only thing that he can do to make a difference. Dude sucks

ZERO hits that game lmao.

Reactions: Dirk Dangler

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That's the maddest I've ever been watching a game. I have lost complete faith in the team after that performance.
Yep.
They didn’t show up at all. Only reason we were in that game is cause Silovs suck.
We played better in that massive loss to Calgary than this.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
What happened to Drai btw?
Dunno. Took a harmless looking bump, tried to take a shift and immediately got off the ice and left the game for the rest of the 2nd period, came out in the 3rd and looked like he shouldn't be playing.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
When he took over they needed:
A starting goalie
A top 4D
2nd line RW

They still need those three things. Stetcher absolutely has to come in for Ceci. Nurse, might as well put Broberg in. It can’t be any worse.

They truly are that bad as a pair.

If we played Broberg - Stecher in their place I honestly think it’s possible we are ahead

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad